Hacking Horrible slowdowns.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On Pokemon and all of my games really, it is very slow and very laggy. I have Pearl original and Platinum on my card, but it's a lot slower. And GTA is very buggy too. I've tried all the DMA modes but still nothing, and that's more or less everyone's solution to this problem as I have searched around the forum. What can I do? I'm not buying another microSD card, that's out of the question. So...what can I do?

dart06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
On Pokemon and all of my games really, it is very slow and very laggy. I have Pearl original and Platinum on my card, but it's a lot slower. And GTA is very buggy too. I've tried all the DMA modes but still nothing, and that's more or less everyone's solution to this problem as I have searched around the forum. What can I do? I'm not buying another microSD card, that's out of the question. So...what can I do?
Get a new microSD card... just kidding, maybe update the loaders?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, lets find all possibilities to the problem before we start buying new MicroSD Cards. It looks like the Acekard isn't reading the MicroSD fast enough which usually never a problem. Class 4 cards have 4mb/s speeds so this is a head scratcher.

1) Try formatting with Panasonic Formatter.
2) Make sure the contacts between the MICROSD & the ACEKARD are good meaning make sure the MicroSD is stable and does not feel weird.
3) Like what dart06 said, update loaders.

If I think of anything else I'll update this post.

I'm not saying buy a new MicroSD, but see if you can try with any other MicroSD you have laying around like if you have one in your phone.

~ Jon

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have the same problems. My friend and I compared a real Pokemon Platinum catridge with a Acekard 2i, and yes the Acekard seems to lag quite a bit. In fact, I've tried that with 2 kinds of microSDHC (but 4 total - 1 A-data and 3 Transcend; both 8GB and C6). I also tried it on the EDGE cart and it seems to lag much less.

Another reason why I believe the problem is because of Acekard is that I tried speedtesting from the file provided here: http://cyclods.theta.in/wiki/BeginnerGuide...dom_Access_Time

The EDGE cart (for some reason) reads microSDs slower than Acekard does, and yet it lags noticeably less.

Kaoz360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now this might not make a difference but have you tried placing all your roms in a folder.
i make a new folder on the root of my micro sdhc card called nintendo ds games and place all my roms in there and i do this for my acekard2i and on my kids edge and cyclo carts and they have no lag playing any games including gta(which they shouldnt be playing as they not old enough)
ohmy.gif

Although i am using a sandisk ultra class 6 4gig in my acekard2i

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaoz360 said:
Now this might not make a difference but have you tried placing all your roms in a folder.
i make a new folder on the root of my micro sdhc card called nintendo ds games and place all my roms in there and i do this for my acekard2i and on my kids edge and cyclo carts and they have no lag playing any games including gta(which they shouldnt be playing as they not old enough)
ohmy.gif

Although i am using a sandisk ultra class 6 4gig in my acekard2i
All my ROMs are already in a folder which is on the root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up