Horrible Dilemma

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GreatCrippler, Feb 19, 2016.

1. GreatCrippler
    OP

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    So, I just got the New Fire Emblem XL. Comes with 10.3. I have an Orange Sky3DS+, and had resigned myself to that, but now I am tempted to downgrade.... Hmmm... Opinions? Thoughts? Other Concerns?

2. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Downgrade and sell Sky3DS

3. seijinshu

seijinshu ...

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Downgrade. Definetly the best choice.

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I'd say go ahead and downgrade and keep the sky3ds+. No need to sell it unless you really need the money. That way you have the best of both worlds, .3ds/.3dz and .cia plus if you ever fill up your emunand with 300 .cia files installed you can use your sky3ds+ to bypass it by using .3ds/.3dz. You could use .3ds for single player games and .cia for online multiplayer games.

Last edited by cvskid, Feb 19, 2016
    PurpleSkunk and The9thBit like this.
  5. gamer4lif3

gamer4lif3 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    If it was me i would try and downgrade as long as u have the correct files for your region and 3ds almost not possible to do a complete brick though it can happen
    biggest thing i seen for my self and what others post is frankinfirm where it don't complete downgrade fully.If downgrade don't complete correctly and u cant access browser
    you will need a cubic ninja real cartridge/eshop or OoT and a save dongle or another 3ds to put save on it and retry downgrade.

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I'd give downgrading a go. At worst, you'd probably just end up having to upgrade to the current firmware and be stuck with the Sky3DS flashcart again.

7. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Keep the Sky and put Cubic Ninja on it as a convenient entrypoint for homebrew. Use it to downgrade and install CFW, then sell the Sky.

8. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    This about a 100x.

In the case you soft-brick on a frankenfirmware, you will need CN/OOT to correct it. So at least hold onto it until then. Though to be honest I still held onto my old GW and a red sky 3DS (got for $10 lol when they announced blue) that I use to keep several copies of OOT/CN on for easy entrypoints.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  9. GreatCrippler
    OP

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Fair, I have 2 Skys (Blue and Orange) as well as CN and OOT... Hmmm, Thanks for the input all.

10. XavyrrVaati

XavyrrVaati Hobbyist programmer?

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    I'm doing the same thing. Unfortunately, I got black error screen during the downgrade (safesys started first try, gg) and now my settings or browser, or most games for that matter don't launch. Thankfully OOT boots. I though maybe it was a partial downgrade so I changed the OOThax to the 9.2.27U files, but it just freezes at ropbin is ready message. So maybe it didn't downgrade at all? *changes back to 10.3.27U* Let's try this... *An error has occured.* :'v </3

11. XavyrrVaati

XavyrrVaati Hobbyist programmer?

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Okay, I changed BACK to the 9.2 oothax, and now it worked, finished downgrade process, and lets me open system settings<3

daxtsu likes this.
  12. PurpleSkunk

PurpleSkunk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    France
    Le Mans
    This. No need to sell the Sky3DS+ unless you need the money back.

XavyrrVaati likes this.
  13. Michierusama

Michierusama GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2014
    GBAtemp
    Keep the sky3ds+ for entrypoints.

Shadowfied likes this.