Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
This month, Hori will release their own take on the Classic Controller, called, shockingly enough, the Hori Classic Controller. The new controller combines the designs of the GameCube and Classic controllers, with the former's general shape, stick layout and shoulder buttons, and the latter's face button layout and Wii-specific extra buttons. It also has individual autofire switches for each button, which make it look scary, like a mini Steel Battalion controller or something.
classic1114.jpg

Black and white versions of this controller will be available starting November 27, and a light blue version will follow on December 4. All will cost 2,980 yen ($30.50). Play-Asia is currently taking preorders for $29.90.

This looks ideal for people who like the feel of the GameCube controller but hate the scrambled button layout -- or for people who want to artificially boost their performance in the myriad shmups on the VC.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
djdynamite123 said:
This month, Hori will release their own take on the Classic Controller, called, shockingly enough, the Hori Classic Controller. The new controller combines the designs of the GameCube and Classic controllers, with the former's general shape, stick layout and shoulder buttons, and the latter's face button layout and Wii-specific extra buttons. It also has individual autofire switches for each button, which make it look scary, like a mini Steel Battalion controller or something.
classic1114.jpg

Black and white versions of this controller will be available starting November 27, and a light blue version will follow on December 4. All will cost 2,980 yen ($30.50). Play-Asia is currently taking preorders for $29.90.

This looks ideal for people who like the feel of the GameCube controller but hate the scrambled button layout -- or for people who want to artificially boost their performance in the myriad shmups on the VC.
This is good news for super-smash-bros fans!
Now you can play Brawl (and Meelee) using a gamecube style controller! At the same distance of a wiimote!
YAY!

motionballer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can u play wii games that normally cant use classic controller or gamecube controller? or this just like the classic controller, another pointless item if u hav the wavebird?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With the "Homebutton" on that controller, it is an addon to the Wiimote / customized classic controller.

Meaning, "no", you will not be able to use this with Melee.

The Wavebird >>>> this controller

Classic Controller >>> this controller

For N64 VC games, its still preferred to use a regular gamecube controller, and for snes games, the classic controller's d-pad is better than using an analog stick.

Who needs to use turbo buttons?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people keep hating on the button layout of the Gamecube controller. When it comes to it the GC controller is only one notch under the Wii-Remote/Nunchuck combination, in my list of favorite controllers. I loved how each button on the Cube controller was a different shape. I never had to look down to make sure I was pressing the right button!
biggrin.gif

jp_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:
I don't know why people keep hating on the button layout of the Gamecube controller. When it comes to it the GC controller is only one notch under the Wii-Remote/Nunchuck combination, in my list of favorite controllers. I loved how each button on the Cube controller was a different shape. I never had to look down to make sure I was pressing the right button!
biggrin.gif
It's shaped like a GC controller but the buttons are standard XBOX/PS2 affair. No big A and small B.

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
biggrin.gif

Yuck. SNES was the pinacle of controllers, followed shortly by N64
wink.gif

GC original controller is hideous. I got the thrustmaster wii wireless gamecube controller and it works well for classic/snes/gamecube games. Only thing that is weird is the odd number of batteries (3 AAA, but has space for 4 thanks to design). Still, its a decent controller.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a cool concept. I wonder if the Wii detects it as a wiimote or classic controller. If it detects it as a wiimote you can finally have wireless rumble from a good controller in brawl.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you bother making a gamecube style classic controller when you can use an offical gamecube controller for nearly everything you can use the classic controller with. This has to be one of the most idiotic products on the wii market next to this one product I saw titled "DISK CLEANER, SOFT CLOTH, AND SANDPAPER."

What we really need is an N64 shaped classic controller. THAT would be interesting.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantetsu said:
Why would you bother making a gamecube style classic controller when you can use an offical gamecube controller for nearly everything you can use the classic controller with.
Try playing Super Mario World with gamecube controller
smile.gif

QUOTE(Zantetsu @ Nov 16 2008, 08:37 AM) What we really need is an N64 shaped classic controller. THAT would be interesting.

100% agree

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
skawo96 said:
Try playing Super Mario World with gamecube controller
smile.gif

Its what the classic controller does best, better than using that Hori GC/Classic controller.
Yeah, this controller won't be the best for SNES
tongue.gif
But at least better than original GC Controller.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, the original Gamecube controller is still better than this.

With the Hori controller, you wouldnt be able to play Gamecube games properly.

Look at the button placement, mainly A, B, X, and Y

You could still use it to play, but it would be a handicap as the button placement is backwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt