ROM Hack Homebrew study app?

steudler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I got a R4 just today and I've been in NDS heaven since early this afternoon
yaynds.gif

I was wondering if there is a homebrew app out there that would let you use the NDS for Q & A type of studying - a.k.a "flash cards".

Code:
A flashcard or flash card is a piece of paper that is used as a learning aid. One writes a question on each card and an answer overleaf. Flashcards can bear vocabulary, historical dates, formulas, etc.
definition above courtesy of wikipedia

On the NDS, Im looking for something where the top screen would have your questions and the bottom screen would show the answers. I'm taking summer classes, and thought this would be incredibly useful to me and other students out there. I searched this forum and googled it a couple of ways, but I couldn't find anything about study aids or tools. And obviously searching for "flash cards" doesn't get me anywhere (except that's how I found my R4)! The DS seems perfect for this kind of app though, so it's probably out there but I'm clueless.

Any leads are greatly appreciated!

steudler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add your own tests to Brain Age? I thought that just used its own data in the ROM.
If you can add test, then that would be awesome, since I could make tests rather then just flash cards.

I saw on wikipedia that Pictochat can shuffle through messages, which is how some people do animations on it. That's cool - can you save your pictochat animations as file? That would kind of work for me, though I'd like to be able to shuffle the "cards" so I'm not memorizing things in the same order all the time.

Thanks for the ideas. Are there any other apps out in NDS homebrew world to use as study tools? I guess I'm looking for something that does some or all of what this one does --> Pocket Flash Cards

steudler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot save things on pictochat...

*whisper*I KNOW!! I dont think he knows yet!!! *Rolling On The Floor Quietly Laughing Quietly**
no way... peeesh! get out of here! peeesh!!!!!

@jigglenuts... that's HYSTERICAL!!!!
rofl2.gif

yeah...

I saw an app called DSTrivia that might work. It's not quite what I'm looking for, cuz you have to type in answers, but you can use your own questions, which is a start. Judging by the responses to my question, I guess there isn't an app out there for NDS that you could between games to get a little studying done.

is there ANY other NDS app that could handle this?

Jigglenuts - no need to reply. I know you haven't got a clue.

nds.gif

yobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I am looking for a study "flashcard" app, too. Has there been any advances in this, a new app? Especially since the last post was almost a year ago. ^^

I would love something that was just as simple as this website:

http://www.flashcardexchange.com/

I don't know how to make my own homebrew app so I guess this is sort of a request in a way, too. Oh well! If you can help, please let me know!

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well you could try DSLearnJ. Its made to help you start learning japanese but from the descriptions I've read its set up like a flashcard style and you can make your own cards.

I have not ever used this...just did a quick search to pull it up and it sounded relevant.
DSlearnJ

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a request at PAlib forums? Mostly new programmers (in general not DS specific) enjoy trying out new things like this that seem 'easy' because it provides a small challenge to them, despite the simplicity, meaning it's perfect for learning.

yobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies!

I looked at DSLearnJ.. it looks nice, but I need something that has Korean capabilities, since I'm studying Korean. I guess I should've stated this earlier.

I will download "Total Recall" and see if it helps, thanks!

Is Palib forums here? I'll try there, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta have the whole experience