Homebrew Programming... And a game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by BlaineGorzoch, Mar 24, 2012.

1. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

BlaineGorzoch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2012
    Hey guys :D

I've surfed around the forums before, but I never signed up. So basically, I'm a complete newbie. :P

Anyways, I'm interested in learning programming. (I don't really know anything at all.) I've been playing Fire Emblem games recently, and the DS one really isn't good compared to the others. I thought a good time-waster would be making a new Fire Emblem game for the DS, one with the classic GBA graphics and touch capabilities maybe?

I don't really know if I should (or if I could.:P) If I did look into it would anyone be interested?

Thanks again. :D

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    While that's a good long-term goal, it's going to take a lot of work before you can do that. I'm talking months at the least, before you can make a game like that from scratchon a system like the DS. Still willing?

3. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

BlaineGorzoch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2012
    Yeah, I'm going to have to learn a few smaller games, but I have a lot of extra time on my hands :P

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  5. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

BlaineGorzoch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2012

What do you recommend I start with?

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    *A teardrop gathers in my eye* I feel honoured to be mentioned. :lol:

For now the guide only contains C-Specific functions, so wherever you start is fine. We're still some chapters away until we tackle the DS-Specific functionality.

7. BlaineGorzoch
    OP

BlaineGorzoch Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2012
    OK, thanks. You guys are a real help :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice