Hacking Homebrew problems

cyr0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, this thread is for all your problems with any homebrew.

I will beginn:
I've got the hacked homebrew channel to load the homebrew launcher but anytime I try loading a homebrew with it, my wii loads the homebrew, I get the "press 1 and 2" screen from any hombrew but when it loads the "real" homebrew the wii stops loading and the only think I can do is to turn the wii completly off. And the second problem is, that the homebrew launcher is only in black and white(Videomode is PAL [Got a PAL Wii and TV]). Only the homebrew that loads is in color.

celticone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My problem.

The twilight hack installed fine, but the three wad files I installed the first one came up with an error message. Fair enough, the other 2 installed fine (according to the install text).

I reset the Wii and had two new channels to chose from, however I tried starting each game but the screen came up black each time (and I have to turn it off at the mains to get the Wii started again).

Any suggestions?

Wii is a PAL, wad files are PAL, I don't have a Gamecube controller connected and the Wii has never been connected to the net.

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
celticone try to not use TP hack.
you can do it with ISO instead WII Wad ISO installer. .
another option could be the installer you use, download the latest one. or your wads are broken, try to find another source.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
cyr0x said:

I will beginn:
I've got the hacked homebrew channel to load the homebrew launcher but anytime I try loading a homebrew with it, my wii loads the homebrew, I get the "press 1 and 2" screen from any hombrew but when it loads the "real" homebrew the wii stops loading and the only think I can do is to turn the wii completly off. And the second problem is, that the homebrew launcher is only in black and white(Videomode is PAL [Got a PAL Wii and TV]). Only the homebrew that loads is in color.

try formatting your card

celticone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dweirdo said:
another option could be the installer you use, download the latest one. or your wads are broken, try to find another source.
I don't have a chipped Wii so I'm assuming I can't use the ISO hack.

I've now tried a few other installers and they all failed at some point during the install. Either during install or when I choose a channel (i.e. screen going black and having to turn off Wii at mains).

My Wii has never been connected to the net, and is version 2.1E so that might be a problem??

celticone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dweirdo said:
I've got one wad working, thanks for your help. It looks like the problem is with the wads, however out of 10 I had only 1 worked, Ive also tried the same wad downloaded from different sources but no joy in getting it to play. I'll just keep on trying different sources.

cyr0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
janjo777 said:
cyr0x said:

I will beginn:

try formatting your card
Now I get a FAT Error all the time.

cyr0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, got it to work. Homebrew with GC controller support work fine but all homebrew with wiimote support do not work.

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cyr0x said:

I will beginn:

For your Videomode: the wii setting is 50 or 60 ? If you run this application in 60 the launcher is in black and white. Try the wii setting 50 for color.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.