Hacking Homebrew Possebilities

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Why do people say PSX when referring to the PS1?
That is a PSX

It has to do with Sony labeling some very early and very late ps1 products with a psx label. A ton of unofficial and unauthorized 3rd products as well had the psx label. Also The very first models (witch broke down a lot) of Playstation 1 were officially labeled with PSx with a small x. However the ps1 wasn't called the PSx on a large scale til the ps2 came out. Mostly done by Sony and their fans to distinglish products for the two from each other.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Pingouin7 said:
Why do people say PSX when referring to the PS1?
That is a PSX

It has to do with Sony labeling some very early and very late ps1 products with a psx label. A ton of unofficial and unauthorized 3rd products as well had the psx label. Also The very first models (witch broke down a lot) of Playstation 1 were officially labeled with PSx with a small x. However the ps1 wasn't called the PSx on a large scale til the ps2 came out to distinglish the two from each other.
And when a popular emulator of the same name was released. Very misleading.

dolpsdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
urisma said:
dolpsdw said:
i think that dstwo could run psp games but the provlems was in the resolution, in ds you can not resize to a smaller resolution, you can only zoom, thats cause you can emule snes etc...

No. The dstwo has a 400 mhz MIPS core, which I think runs the MIPS IV instruction set and maybe 16 mb of RAM. Can't remember if it has increased RAM. The PSP has 2 333 mhz MIPS cores + a GPU running at 166 mhz + a 128 register VFPU and 32 mb of RAM.
thnks 4 the info.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
urisma said:
Evo.lve said:
RDilus said:
believe me 3DS is strong enough to run psx games not all ofcourse but some will do
You would know how? Care to explain? Maybe you've got a dev kit or something?

Nah, didn't think so.

QUOTE(Generation 16 @ Jul 6 2011, 04:10 PM) 4.a Homebrew which allows you to run NDS homebrew, such as lameboy, nesds, etc, etc
It's called a flashcart.

A dev kit still wouldn't help
closedeyes.gif

Anyway, I doubt Sony utilized much of their private info in making their PSX emulator on the PSP. I've heard it barely has 30% compatibility. Not sure if this is true, but I believe epsxe has much better compatibility. And I think the MIPS core is the only thing similar between the PSX and the PSP. Coming to emulation, that is a big similarity, but all the system calls and such still have to be emulated. Plus the architectural similarities wouldn't be all that helpful unless the PSP uses a very clever type of virtualization. I have no clue how much virtualization the PSP uses vs actual CPU emulation, but the similar architectures wouldn't be all that helpful.

Oh and I think the PSP is more powerful than the 3DS. Processor wise at least. Not sure about the GPU portion though.

The 3DS has to have a semi-powerful CPU to support the GPU inside, no?

They can't just have an ultrapowerful GPU and a 66MHz CPU to support it.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who really cares about ps1 emulation , i would like to atleast see a n64 emu , though , i people are sying the 3ds has opengl es,i dont know what the es means or how it stacks up to eary open gl drivers for the pc but i remember that in like 99 2000 2001 i used to use pj64 and it used to have to have the open gl drivers for it to work , so not sure if that means anything , but i notice that the pj64 i use now doesnt have to have open gl driver installed on your ps, unless they are built in or maybe it uses directx now , i have no idea,and no idea which is more powerful the open gl drivers i was using on my pentium 2 or 3 for pj64 back in the day or the ones the 3ds uses now,but since people are saying that ps1 emulation wont even work ,then i guess we can forget about a dreamcast emu

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
totalnoob617 said:
who really cares about ps1 emulation , i would like to atleast see a n64 emu , though , i people are sying the 3ds has opengl es,i dont know what the es means or how it stacks up to eary open gl drivers for the pc but i remember that in like 99 2000 2001 i used to use pj64 and it used to have to have the open gl drivers for it to work , so not sure if that means anything , but i notice that the pj64 i use now doesnt have to have open gl driver installed on your ps, unless they are built in or maybe it uses directx now , i have no idea,and no idea which is more powerful the open gl drivers i was using on my pentium 2 or 3 for pj64 back in the day or the ones the 3ds uses now,but since people are saying that ps1 emulation wont even work ,then i guess we can forget about a dreamcast emu
N64 emu is not possible.

And don't go all "BUT THE TOP SCREEN IS POWERFUL SO IT CAN EMULATE" on me.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do we know that yet , we dont even know what it uses for hardware exactly and i think n64 is more possible than ps1 emulation, nintendo ported a n64 game to work on the ds so im sure that the next system ,3ds is poweful enough to do n64 emulation ,maybe not 100% all titles working but most
like i said the best pc 64 emulator used to use or maybe still does use open gl , not sure which version , but people are sayng there is a open gl on 3ds ,not sure if it is x86 or not ,but there is also a n64 emulator for iphone and psp ,so your saying the 3ds is less powerfull than a iphone 3g and a psp , i doubt it

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
When the 3DS is eventually hacked, the first homebrew I want it to have is an anti-dumbass app. Basically, if you're someone like the people who keep creating all these pointless "hacking" threads, it'll just erase the whole NAND and tell you to go to hell.

+1 if it actually sends them to hell

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
totalnoob617 said:
how do we know that yet , we dont even know what it uses for hardware exactly and i think n64 is more possible than ps1 emulation, nintendo ported a n64 game to work on the ds so im sure that the next system ,3ds is poweful enough to do n64 emulation ,maybe not 100% all titles working but most
like i said the best pc 64 emulator used to use or maybe still does use open gl , not sure which version , but people are sayng there is a open gl on 3ds ,not sure if it is x86 or not ,but there is also a n64 emulator for iphone and psp ,so your saying the 3ds is less powerfull than a iphone 3g and a psp , i doubt it

I think your username perfectly matches the content of your posts.

urisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:

A dreamcast emu? Look brochacho, you need to get your facts straight. Why even suggest that? Just because the 3DS has a 3D screen DOES NOT mean it's a powerful console. Seriously. It has a PIC200 (which I think is similarly speced to the PSP's gpu) and 2x 266 mhz ARM cores. There's no way in hell that that can emulate the dreamcast. The dreamcast is a damn powerful system, much more than the 3DS. You can't emulate a more powerful system on a less powerful system (well, technically you can to some extent, given they're both turing complete and are Von - Neumann architecture). The 3ds having opengl doesn't mean anything. Other n64 emulators having opengl doesn't mean anything.

Bottom line: PSX is possible. N64 -might- be possible given enough development, an awesome dynarec (or static rec, since those are awesome) and optimized everything.

I'd also love the anti dumbass app. I've seen DS apps that erase all firmware and can be disguised as anything. That would teach a lesson.

pengypikmin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wishlist
1. wii/gamecube emu
2. An app to heat up my coffee
3. A browser that completly supports flash and java that can run minecraft
4. An app that telports me into the game
5. An app that makes you all shut the fuck up and realize this is a wishlist topic for hoping for things that won't happen

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ursima thats what i said ,i said of people are saying it cant even do n64 emulation then would mean that a dreamcast emu would be impossible ,i never said or implied that a dreamcars emulator would be possible , i said the opposite , but i do think that a n64 emulator is possible , and im not going by the fact that it is 3d ,but people are saying it atleast as poewerful as the psp and there is a good n64 emulator for psp ,so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible on the 3ds, i dont know much about emulators like you do , but i know that the early versions of project64 required open gl drivers on the pc ,i dont know how this open gl es on the 3ds stacks up against the open gl graphic api on the pc , or if its even possible to port an x86 emulator to the 3ds, or not , do you?
i never said dreamcast , i said n64 , obviously it cant do dreamcast ,people are debating on weather or not it can do ps1 and dreamcast is either as powerfull as or more in some ways than a ps2
i would think a ps1 would be harder to emulate than a n64
what do we even know about the 3ds specs for definite?
i thought we still dont even know the processor it uses, or the gpu

urisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I did read a little bit too much into your post and assumed incorrectly. My mistake, anyway...

Well the n64 is much harder to emulate than the PSX. Correctly at least. The n64 has more powerful hardware and emulating the RCP is a total bitch; no emulators have it perfect yet (last I checked MESS is getting closer). Of course to get playable speeds on the 3DS you'd need to do HLE for the n64 and probably the PSX as well. Of course, as very good emulators have already been written, they just need to be ported. I think both consoles are definitely possible to emulate, anything higher spec'd is a no-no.

Also, x86 emulator is definitely possible. Take a look at DSx86 and the dstwo port. Those are pretty good 386 emulators I believe.

Drivers aren't really an issue. If the 3DS does use a PIC200 then it supports openGL-ES, which is just a stripped down version of openGL. Using it doesn't give any magical performance boost.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i just figured it wouldnt be able to do x86 since someone said that ps3 wouldnt be able to run a port of pj64
so does pj64 use open gl still or a different api like directx? when i installed it on my new win 7 machine it dont say to install open gl ,but when i used it a long time ago it did
not really sure why , my win 7 machine only has intel graphic(laptop)but the older pc i installed it on had ati radeon

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pengypikmin said:
my wishlist
1. wii/gamecube emu
5. An app that makes you all shut the fuck up and realize this is a wishlist topic for hoping for things that won't happen

pengypikmin for president

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
pengypikmin said:
my wishlist
1. wii/gamecube emu
yay.gif

LOL. Nice list btw.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt the nintendo 3ds browser support flash?
i wonder if it will be updated in a fw update
and arent they supposed to come out with a fw update to add 3d video recording? i thought that i heard they were

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...