nghianguyen1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i just installed homebrew.
when i start the homebrew from my wii home menu.. theres NOTHING in the homebrew.. shouldnt there be menus? im currently on a firmware of 3.3u, and was needing help to downgrade back to freaking 3.2..... just so i can freaking play the stupid SSBB.. >.< i have a wiikey as well... but it seems the wiikey doesnt work for ssbb because its a firmware issue. i heard it could be a dirty lense issue. but tried using a dvd player cleaner to clean it, but its not the problem its the firmware issue. so im downgrading.

through and through, i just need help on how to add downgrade to homebrew menus.
or is it my wii has been bricked?
btw, what do they mean by bricked? and how can i tell. im a little confused on that.

THank you for reading.
I thank you for more, if you reply with answers.

Appreciated,
Nghia Nguyen

nghianguyen1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i understand what u guys are saying. But whats weird is that i have apps on my SD. and i placed it all over the place.. in the SD.. in fold APPS... Root Folder....

just a silly question, "do i delete everything in the sd folder and just put apps in there?"

i been searching but i havent found anything good..

i am using a wiikey with firmware 1.9

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're SD card should look like this

SD:\apps\\boot.dol
the .dol MUST be named "boot.dol"
also, make sure the card is formatted FAT/FAT16 (they are the same thing)
FAT32/NTFS don't work.

You can have as much crap all over the card as you want (not recommended) but HBC will only look for things to run in the apps folder following the apps\\boot.dol format above.

*optional* you can also have a meta.xml and icon.png file in the same folder as your .dol file, this is only for making things look pretty in HBC.

nghianguyen1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHA i feel so dumb sigh. well now i got a serious problem.. my wii says error ret=-1035 when i tried to downgrade to 3.2 with cIOS_Downgrader_v1.1.dol... and also when i tried to use wad manager it doesnt work woopie.. sigh... its like i learned how to find water and i need to learn how to drink it. HAHAHA!

god my stupidity is beyond belief.

OBI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Download IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and the WAD Manager for IOS16. Install the WAD and use the IOS-Manager for further actions...
wink.gif

nghianguyen1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh um.. my wad manager doesnt work.. Wad_Manager_11, doesnt work because its "not a wii app" LOL thats what the wii said sigh.... and by the way, what directory do i put the IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. in?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you following a guide? You need wad manager 1.3. Use that to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. Then use Custom Wad Manager and install cios_fix.wad. This is how I did it a few weeks ago from djtaz's gamma guide. Wads need to be in sd:\wad\ folder. From there you can use the downgrader.

nghianguyen1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOOT WOOT firmware 3.2u!!!

solved my issue my self thanks for the hints to guiding me their...

as it seems i didnt need wad manager 1.3 to downgrade my wii firmware..
just needed to do these following things.

IOS37-64-v2070.wad
Apps
../CustomIOS/boot.dol (cIOS37_rev3-Installer.dol)
../Downgrader/boot.dol (cIOS_Downgrader_v1.1.dol)

didnt even need a wad manager at all lol? confusing... sigh.. thanks for the help guys. I LOVE IT.. well except that i found out is the ssbb still doesnt work on my wii... i got it to load.. but then the ssbb went blank WHITE.. after the loading... it was nice of it to show a ssbb screen of the game.. but after it loads.. pure blankwhite screen.. if you guys can figure this part out... oh man that would help truly tremendously.

nghia nguyen

nghianguyen1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is firmware 3.2u with Wiikey 2(solderless), and i also cleaned the lenses with dvd player cleaner(its a cd that cleans the lenses inside when u insert the cd), and guess what? IT STILL DOESNT WORK hahaha THE SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL DOESNT FULLY WORK ON MY WII LOL!.. it shows the images of the game, then it loads and after the loading, it goes all WHITE LOL!...

well how adventurous is the Legendary WII GAME.

anyone got any more ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill