Homebrew Homebrew Launcher Instantly Dumping Back to Mii Maker

h0lydiver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title mentions-
  • I load homebrew launcher (tried via a few different exploit websites and then hosting it locally, both had a decent success rate with the issue below happening on the instances where it did not lock up)
  • It pops up the launcher screen for <1sec (of course not enough time to install anything) and then loads into Mii Maker instead. I can repeat this after (without a system reboot of course) by launching Mii Maker from the home menu.
  • I have the following versions
  1. wiiu - 5.5.2
  2. homebrew launcher- tried 1.3, 1.4, 2.1 (current)
  3. loaded an sd card myself to start using wiiu.guide (and the versions it recommends)
  4. later used a website to build it for me (same result)
Anyone ever seen this issue? I only have one sd card to test with <update, tried a 2nd card with same result> so it's the only thing I haven't tried to swap out. My goal is to get Haxchi loaded so I won't need exploit each boot.

edit #2: it seems that if I get the wiiu gamepad out of range of the wiiu just as I click on mii maker (from the main menu) it will stay persistent. The problem then is that when I try to load Haxchi it black screens until the gamepad comes back in range (where it instant exits again). It's almost like my gamepad is pressing some button(s) to make it instantly exit out.

Last edited by h0lydiver,

h0lydiver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... not software related if it depends on your gamepad being connected. I'd check your home button out.
Yep.... Definitely gamepad hardware related. To close this out, here what I've done-

*-used a different gampad and it all worked perfectly
*-tried to pair the old game pad back once I was finished
*-despite the fact that gamepad never acted up in games previously it would not resync so I have parts on the way to repair

**--final/final followup for anyone finding themselves here: I replaced the board with the sync button and it instantly synced back to wiiu. But the homebutton was still dumping me out of homebrew channel. So, I took a and removed the homebutton (cut it off the board with a knife) on the board with it and the power button. This completely disabled it. Now it works fine (of course without any home button, i use a wiimote for that).

so root cause was obviously drink spilled into controller (which the two boards above are right on top of each other) which caused sync and home buttons to not work properly

Last edited by h0lydiver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1