Hacking Homebrew Issues???

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are two things to address here, firstly, whenever I open homebrew I get prompted to update, but whenever I do, the same window pops up the next time I open the app, pictured below (ignore the beautiful Ferrari logo above the tv). Also I'm wondering which apps are safe to uninstall without bricking the Wii, I don't want cios installer, cios 222 installer, d2x cios installer, preloader and truchabug, also pictured below. Can I delete these without any negative side-effects?
IMG_20190820_154503084.jpg
IMG_20190820_154519530.jpg

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I suggest you update your softmods using ModMii, it will ensure your updates get fully installed and you don't get prompted any longer.

After you're done with the softmod process you can delete any apps off the SD card. Modmii has a sd card cleaner or file Clean up option that will remove files that ModMii put on your card that are no longer needed after completing the softmod process.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suggest you update your softmods using ModMii, it will ensure your updates get fully installed and you don't get prompted any longer.

After you're done with the softmod process you can delete any apps off the SD card. Modmii has a sd card cleaner or file Clean up option that will remove files that ModMii put on your card that are no longer needed after completing the softmod process.
I actually did use the cleaner software on modmii and it didn't delete all those extra apps, so I'm still wondering if it's safe to delete them. I'll try updating homebrew via modmii tonight.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Modmii will only remove apps that it put in your sd card. It won't go through things you manually added. For those you would need to manually delete them. As I said earlier, it is safe to delete any app you don't use. You can boot the wii just fine without the SD card so naturally it will behave just fine if u delete apps from it that you never use.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modmii will only remove apps that it put in your sd card. It won't go through things you manually added. For those you would need to manually delete them. As I said earlier, it is safe to delete any app you don't use. You can boot the wii just fine without the SD card so naturally it will behave just fine if u delete apps from it that you never use.
Thanks! One other question, for the WADs I use to install forwarders/iOS's, is it safe to delete them after they've installed what they were meant to. For example, can I delete the iOS 58 installer after installing iOS 58, and can I delete WAD files for channel forwarders, such as Nintendont or SNES 9X GX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended