Homebrew Installation Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PerPanicz, Nov 24, 2016.

1. PerPanicz
    OP

PerPanicz Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Poland
    Hello,
    I'm not sure if I'm making this thread in the right subforum, but I'm about to get homebrew on my console for the first time and I've some questions related to it.

Since I'm a New 3DS XL owner, I'd like to know if I could drop every necessary file on my SD Card using Data Management option (connecting console with my PC via WiFi to manage content on SD-card) or do I have to unscrew backplate and pull out and put the SD Card into Card Reader?

Second and my last question(s), does the homebrew modify any system file or it leaves them untouched? If the files are going to be untouched, if I'll remove every homebrew-related file from SD Card the console will return to its proper state (like nothing such as homebrew has occurred)?
    If the system files are going to be modified (I hope not) is there any solution to revert it?

Thanks in advance!

2. TechyTurtle

TechyTurtle GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    MY ASS!
    You can use the sd management but personaly i reccomend just plugging the sd into the computer. hombrew really doesnt effect anything on system except when downgrading al9h and save changing and etc

3. TheMagicMan

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    Depends what you use it for. Userland things shouldn't affect your console directly (Save managers, Custom themes, etc.), while doing things such as installing custom firmware will or al9h.