Homebrew idea

Flaya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I've been dabbling a bit with cheats for some games. I did notice that with each update the games Build ID changes, rendering the cheat file seemingly useless.

A way to fix this issue in many cases is to simply rename the file to match the Build ID.
My thought was to have an app that scans the games and cheat files, to automatically rename the files to match.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been dabbling a bit with cheats for some games. I did notice that with each update the games Build ID changes, rendering the cheat file seemingly useless.

A way to fix this issue in many cases is to simply rename the file to match the Build ID.
My thought was to have an app that scans the games and cheat files, to automatically rename the files to match.

I’m by no means a cheats expert, but doesn’t Breeze and AIO already handle this? How do they miss the mark for what you’re looking to do?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I did notice that with each update the games Build ID changes
That's not true in 0.01% of cases.

BuildID changes every time there is even one byte changed in main. If change is minor enough, cheat offsets won't change.
You don't want automatic renaming because this can be harmful for noobs who will do it anyway if they have a chance and then complain why their save got corrupted because it will turn out in worst case this cheat after update will actually corrupt saving process. So first someone must confirm it's actually safe to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c