Homebrew Homebrew Forwarder ISO's

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update - I booted my wii up to the system menu. Then I went to the homebrew channel and loaded the latest version of configureable usb loader, which I use a fat partition by the way. I tried loading the iso forwarder to load RB2 off the disc, but it didn't work. I'ven't tried other iso forwarders for channels yet, but if I do I'll report back.

I'm just curious why this iso won't work?!?!

impulsze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have forwarder channels that look directly to USB rather than SD? Channels, not ISO's. I'm using USB Loader GX.

Looking for:
-snesgx
-fceultragx
-vbagx

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how would I go about getting the covers for these iso forwarders
I currently have Snes9x and mplayer_ce they work and everything just cant download the covers
can someone please help me out thanks

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
grog.gif

can someone please make some for

Commodore 64 (frodo)
Atari 2600 (StllaWii)
Arati Lynx
PS1 (WiiSX)
TurboGrafix (hugo)
NeoGeo (GXGEO)
NeoGeo Pocket (neopop)
Mii Channel

Also, it would be cool to have some box art for these and the other emulators (Snes, Nes, N64, Gamecube, Sega Mastersystem/Game Gear, Mega Drive, Gamboys), which are just the console, contoller & logo. like a matching set?

cheers, great work!!!

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Not sure if anyone is interested, but here is a forwarder for Rock Band 2 that launches the retail disc so you can use DLC on the SD card (very handy if you want to launch the retail disc and you autoboot your USB loader instead of the SM). Thanks to spayrosam for his tutorial and files and the makers of softchip.
Instructions:
Install the RB2 iso, put the two folders in the root of your SD card, enjoy. It is named the same as the RB2 game so it should pull the cover and it includes the correct RB2 sound. It ran fine for me (4.2U, Wiiflow r17 222) with the default options.
Rock Band 2 Disc Forwarder

Not that big a deal but I noticed that the Title of this is typoed as "Rock Bank 2". Any good USB loader will probably be using the titles.txt file anyway, but thought I'd point it out.

G4V

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone point me in the right direction for the files that go onto the USB HDD/ apps folder for wadmanager to work.

Thanks

Gav

Dewey Hafta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i installed the FCEUgx and SNESGX isos onto wbfs drive (with the roms located on SD card) and ran using wiiflow. at first all i got was black screen, then i followed instructions here (as i am using a 3.2U wii) and changed to PAL 60HZ video mode and loaded right up! very nice to have these. i would also like to see a turbo graffx one as well if possible. one question tho, i would like to use the GeexBox iso, as all my media is on other external HDs. as of now i use the channel to load the program and then plug in a hard drive into the usb port that normally houses my WBFS drive and load the media that way, swapping back and forth. if i throw the iso on the wbfs drive, how would i view media on a different external drive if the iso is on my wbfs (only a wbfs partition) drive? better off just keeping that as channel? or is it possible to load iso then do quick hotswap to another drive? thanks everyone for all of these! im looking forward to messing with the wii cover template to make some covers for some of them as well.

iiixtream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dewey Why don't you create a fat partition on the same hdd as your wbfs partition that way you can have all your media for mplayerce all on one hdd then no need to switch anymore

Dewey Hafta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iiixtream said:
@Dewey Why don't you create a fat partition on the same hdd as your wbfs partition that way you can have all your media for mplayerce all on one hdd then no need to switch anymore

yes thats definately an option...but the thing is, i have a 1tb drive that im using and over 400 games already installed---hate to reformat and lose the games.....was looking for an easier way. my other externals are all 1tbs as well and are full of movies...lol...if only it were possible to have a hub device that could plug into the wii and also have the wbfs and other usb drives plugged in at once. that would solve everything lol

Sjonne

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all
I was wondering if it is possible to get an ISO forwarder to the system menu? The reason that i am asking is because my wii is set to start in wiiflow and reboot to wiiflow, so the home button does not return to the system menu.

In advance thanks!
gbasp.gif

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rich333 said:
Hello
grog.gif

can someone please make some for

Commodore 64 (frodo)
Atari 2600 (StllaWii)
Arati Lynx
PS1 (WiiSX)
TurboGrafix (hugo)
NeoGeo (GXGEO)
NeoGeo Pocket (neopop)
Mii Channel

Also, it would be cool to have some box art for these and the other emulators (Snes, Nes, N64, Gamecube, Sega Mastersystem/Game Gear, Mega Drive, Gamboys), which are just the console, contoller & logo. like a matching set?

cheers, great work!!!

I need this exact same setup for a version of Triiforce MRC I modified to launch only the console you select via an ISO image.
The ISOs work fine, but I'm no-good at making covers.

Heres to hoping some artistic person will fill this request!
nayps3.gif

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
i have just come up with some functions to manipulate the HBC stub which might be useful to people using these ISOs. it gives the ability to "return to" any title ID. this means that if you have a full channel or a forwarder channel for your USB loader, you will be able to enter the ID of that channel before the dol is compiled and then as long as you don't launch HBC or any other app that will write to the stub location and when you exit(0) (leave) the program that this ISO is loading, you will be back at the USB loader. whoever is making these dols to put in the ISO can PM me and I will explain the functions and including the stub. i think it may be better, though, not to hardcode the ID, but instead read the ID from a file on the SD/USB so it will not be a need to create 50 of the same ISO for different channels.

giantpune, do you think that your hbc stub code might help with the 'go2sysmenu' dol working with an ISO forwarder?

At last count this "system menu loader" does actually call up the system menu - but only if launched from HBC.
When it is loaded via a forwarder it just freezes the Wii.

Would your routines be able to use HBC as a loader for the 'go2sysmenu' dol, which then could be accessed by an ISO forwarder??
yay.gif

I hope I haven't confused anyone too much - I can't think of how else to ask the question
wacko.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends how that dol is doing whatever it is that it does. but i suspect that if you are just getting blackscreen ,code dump, or freezing when loading that dol, it is just a entrypoint error which i have gone over in here a few times. just recompile it with a compatible entrypoint and i bet it will work just fine. people arent quite grasping the fact that HBC, forwarder channels, loaders, etc all have different entrypoints and just because one of them can launch another app does not mean that any of the others can do the same. you should change the entrypoint of the app you are trying to launch to make sure that the app being loaded does not overwrite the app which is doing the launching.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
it depends how that dol is doing whatever it is that it does. but i suspect that if you are just getting blackscreen ,code dump, or freezing when loading that dol, it is just a entrypoint error which i have gone over in here a few times. just recompile it with a compatible entrypoint and i bet it will work just fine. people arent quite grasping the fact that HBC, forwarder channels, loaders, etc all have different entrypoints and just because one of them can launch another app does not mean that any of the others can do the same. you should change the entrypoint of the app you are trying to launch to make sure that the app being loaded does not overwrite the app which is doing the launching.

Thanks for the quick reply - if it isn't already obvious, I have no real programming experience when it comes to the Wii.
I did some programming about 30 years ago in assembly language, so can stumble through source code using a bit of common sense but that's the limit of my programming skills.

Are you aware of any sites where I might be able to pick up some information regarding changing the entrypoint? I have come across several tutorials, but they tend to walk you through little example projects rather than answer specific questions.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look it the makefile for the LDFLAGS. the init=0xblablabla part is the important bit.

this is taken from a project which starts at way up in mem2 at 0x91f00000
Code:
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map -Wl,--section-start,.init=0x91f00000
HBC will refuse to load this project, but it can be loaded by other means, and works fine. when adjusting the entrypoint for what you are needing to do, you need to take into account the actual size and start of the initial loader, the secondary dol, and the final program which you are trying to load.

so assume that you have priiloader, a forwarder dol, and usbloader GX which the forwarder is to load.
priiloader starts at 0x81000000 and is around 600kB.
usbloader GX starts at 0x80B00000 and is around 4.2mB
this means that you must see how big your forwarder dol is and then adjust it to not intersect with any of the memory used by either of those other programs. (and also it must only use a valid memory address so 0x79999999 is not allowed).

so if our forwarder comes out to 200kB, you can put it between 0x80000000 and (0x80b000000 - 200kB). so lets pick 0x8000d000. this way it will be able to be started from HBC so we can test it out and also it will be low enough that we can freely change it by adding sounds and images and dont have to worry about changing it later.

everything is fine and dandy.... but wait... along come some people who want to use this forwarder for another purpose. they want to use the same dol so put in a ISO so they can start usbloader GX from within another usb loader for whatever reason. but the new usb loader starts at 0x8000cff0 and is 3mB. what will happen is that when the new usb loader tries to boot the forwarder dol, there is a clash because both the loader and the dol which it is trying to boot want to have 0x8000d000 - 0x8003f000. these people must adjust the start of the forwarder to avoid problems and not try to use the exact same memory range to work with every wii app ever made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: