tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have several flv files I would like to watch on my tv via the wii but i don't know of any homebrew that supports flv. I really don't want to convert all these files either- it would take forever. so are there any flv players out there?

K

Kurisuellegarden

mPlayer CE! Not the Christmas edition, that just does DVDs...with not that great playback. Pop onto the homebrew website... wiibrew and download it.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well obviously some misinformation up in this thread lol geexbox works WAY better than MPlayer CE,anytime it wouldnt load something id throw the same file in geexbox and itd work no problem.Tried playing some rmvb's in mplayer and it had major av lag. Played the same files in geexbox and they worked no problem. So IMO geexbox is WAY more stable, if you want features that i never use than sure go with mplayer, but if you want stability go with geexbox.

edit: oh and unless they changed it mplayer only sees either the first or active partition on your drive, so if you have many partitions your out of luck lol my movies partition is neither first or active, geexbox shows all your partitions.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tylerzentz said:
can mplayer ce be found on homebrew browser? is the the "mplayer christmas edition"?
What do ya think CE stands for?
tongue.gif

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kurisuellegarden said:
mPlayer CE! Not the Christmas edition, that just does DVDs...with not that great playback. Pop onto the homebrew website... wiibrew and download it.

CE means christmas edition ... ROFL.

Does Geexbox let you use usb drives. Last time i used it was only SD i thought

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tHciNc said:
Kurisuellegarden said:

CE means christmas edition ... ROFL.

Does Geexbox let you use usb drives. Last time i used it was only SD i thought
It does...it even has native NTFS-Support, and doesnt depend on a (buggy?) lib (because it's Linux-Based).

@tylerzentz: I'm sorry, but I was quiet for a long time...could you please stop making threads which could be avoided by using the search?

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes geexbox lets you use usb, and as i said its way more stable than mplayer is. And if you have multiple partitions you'd definitely wanna use geexbox as mplayer only sees one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!