Homebrew emulators not working

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MN1F, Jul 3, 2017.

1. MN1F
    OP

MN1F Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I'm pretty new to 3DS homebrew, and I installed it on my 3DS for emulators and what not in January.
    However, it seems that the emulators are no longer working for me since I updated to 11.4 and switched from Soundhax to Doodlebomb. Whenever I try running quicknes, gPSP, mGBA, or CitrAGB, they run, but then freeze on a glitched screen. The only emulator that still works is BlargSNES. Not only has this affected emulators, but it also does the same to CHMM2 and prboom.
    I don't know what the cause of this is, but if you may have a clue to what it is, please let me know.

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I'm sorry, this might not be the best answer atm, but why did you update? Also there likely isn't a fix for that. The dooflebomb payload cannot be changed, so you're most likely stuck with what you have.

Last edited by Giodude, Jul 4, 2017
  3. MN1F
    OP

MN1F Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    I updated because I wanted to download some things from the eShop, I know it wasn't the best decision, but I did it anyway. I also didn't want to install any custom firmware or anything because I didn't want to potentially brick my system or get banned from NN.

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    You could have installed a cfw then updated and kept everything. Not a single brick has been recorded from b9s due to it's foolproof nature and you won't get banned for just using emulators though Rosalina. You'd get banned for using invalid title ID's.

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. MN1F
    OP

MN1F Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Ah, okay. I didn't know that, and I can't undo what I've already done, so I'm just going to have to stick with BlargSNES only. Thank you for replying though. I'm glad I got a answer to my question.

Giodude likes this.
  6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    You still do have a few options if you want to either install a cfw or fix anything. I made this post the other day, it might help you somewhat.

7. MN1F
    OP

MN1F Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Alright, I might look into it later and see if I want to go ahead and do it, as I have a friend with a 3DS with older firmware that has homebrew on it.
    Again, thank you.