Homebrew disapeared

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TerminusPhil, Aug 7, 2018.

1. TerminusPhil
    OP

TerminusPhil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2017
    Brazil
    I was going through the process of getting my Gateway saves on my now homebred O3DS when I had this problem.

I booted into Gateway mode holding up while booting then the O3DS turned black and stayed at that for some minutes. I then booted up to try to repeat the process, but the up button shortcut wouldn't go. After that I turned of, tried it again. No luck

"Good grief, I guess I lost my saves now, I can't get to my GW. Guess I'll just play in the Homebrew now. Go bother", I thought. I tried to start one of my CIA installed games, only to be surprised with a message saying that the application won't boot, and I'd need to install it again from the eShop.

I found a backup I had and put in the SD to restore it with GodMode9. Booted with the START pressed. Nothing. The console booted as I haven't pressed the button, the same as the GW boot.

Now I have this O3DS, running 11.6.0-39U, updated through Homebrew, functioning to God-knows-what extent and without a way to restore it using GM9 as far as I know.

Edit: as of now, my 3DS doesn't display any app installed through Homebrew, it looks just like a vanilla one

Edit 2: Found both a "9.2.0-20U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin" and a "170922_CW41906219_sysnand_000.bin" that can be a backup. I don't know which would be the one I should use. The former is a little smaller

Last edited by TerminusPhil, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    170922_CW41906219_sysnand_000.bin likely is a more recent GM9 Backup, wait for others versed with Gateway useage to reply it *could* be possible to recover your saves, so just wait for someone to reply,

TerminusPhil likes this.
  3. TerminusPhil
    OP

TerminusPhil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't care that much about the saves to be honest now. I am much more up to getting the Homebrew back. The saves would be a plus, but a far for necessary one

4. Dracari

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    if you have your Gateway Blue card (i guess some came w/ the Blue card (which is the DS Mode component) or a compatible DS Mode flashcart, there's NTRBoothax (not to be confused w/ the Plugin /cheat system NTR CFW/launcher "Boot NTR"), but if your able to Load A9LH Payloads at this stage, then you can run the B9Sinstaller, https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s again not sure about how Gateway's A9LH's implementation will be, *Should* be fine. after setting up B9S, you'll want Luma 9.1

5. TerminusPhil
    OP

TerminusPhil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2017
    Brazil
    No luck. Couldn't boot the SafeB9SInstaller holding START when booting

6. Dracari

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    if you have a SD Rwader and dont rely on a hacked Micro SD Management/FTP Server, try renaming the installer to arm9loaderhax.bin

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Hold Select before pressing power and continue holding Select. What happens?

8. TerminusPhil
    OP

TerminusPhil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2017
    Brazil
    What would be a SD Rwader?

I checked the SD card and the file was already listed as "arm9loaderhax.bin"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nothing. It boots up as usual

Last edited by TerminusPhil, Aug 8, 2018