Homebrew Homebrew Development

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds about right. One other thing. Are you able to dump RAM after running the Gateway Exploit? Trying to get sound dumps from games past 4.5

Edit: Looks like you can't. I just ran it without running omega first, and now it boots first try.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you get it working with nonSDHC card, I'm working with the 2gb card that came with my 3ds and can't get it to mount.

I think, the best way to do file open/read/write is using the process9 to read and write a file :D

That sounds about right. One other thing. Are you able to dump RAM after running the Gateway Exploit? Trying to get sound dumps from games past 4.5

Edit: Looks like you can't. I just ran it without running omega first, and now it boots first try.

If you wanna execute other launcher.dat after play a dump game, maybe you need encrypt the Launcher with AES-128-CBC, because GW use this encrypt to your Launcher.dat

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
So i'm trying do run my PXI Services, when i wrote the instruction, the code freeze, i need study more assembly and see where is my problem.

Sorry my question, why you need the PXI Sevices ?

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the calls are interesting and I would like to use them

0x00020080 1.0.0-0 (u64 application_titleID) This launches the specified TWL title. Eventually this will wait for command 0x00040080 to be sent.
0x00030080 1.0.0-0 (u64 application_titleID) This launches the specified GBA VC title.
0x002C0082 1.0.0-0 CardNorDirectRead
0x00170040 1.0.0-0 InstallContentBegin

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Some of the calls are interesting and I would like to use them

0x00020080 1.0.0-0 (u64 application_titleID) This launches the specified TWL title. Eventually this will wait for command 0x00040080 to be sent.
0x00030080 1.0.0-0 (u64 application_titleID) This launches the specified GBA VC title.
0x002C0082 1.0.0-0 CardNorDirectRead
0x00170040 1.0.0-0 InstallContentBegin

Just a problem, i think TWL/GBA VC will not work on bare-metal code, because some part of firmware in memory are broken :/

And i think the purpose of PXI is communication with ARM11/ARM9.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I experimented a little with the PXI calls and no luck. Pretty sure my requests were formatted correctly but it never returned from the call, unless my request were wrong in which case it returned an error. Did you actually get those PXI calls in 3DS_Arm9_Shenanigans to work, Kane49 ?

Oh, and while I have your attention Kane, please please give me some hints on how to use your file-writing code, as it obviously works in your FCRAM dumper.

Sorry for double post/nagging, but I'm getting really frustrated here. I have the cake but I can't eat it because of one little stupid thing. :P

EDIT:
CRAP

The FAT code in 3DS_Homebrew_stuff is working!!! Wohooo! I guess it just was the other projects it wasn't stable in? I have not tested writing yet, but it should work... I hope. :) Thanks for sharing your code Kane49, it's very helpful and I would be nowhere without it. Just wish it was a little more... User friendly. :P

I can't get it to mound my SD card, I edited to code to see if it was mounting or not and it outputs not mounted !

blank(0,0,400,240);
FATFS fs;
if (pf_mount(&fs) != 0)
{
print_status("not mounted !", 1);
}
chdir("",1);
int i = 0;
draw_screen();
update_buttons();

I edited my code to output the return value of pf_mount and I'm getting 7-nofilesystem. The SD card is 2gb and formatted to FAT32. I managed to track down the exact error-in check_fs

check_fs ( /* 0:The FAT boot record, 1:Valid boot record but not an FAT, 2:Not a boot record, 3:Error */

returns 2-Not a boot record. Any ideas?

Nvm, got it ;)

http://i.imgur.com/58Hn1iF.jpg

Reactions: dubbz82

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't get it to mound my SD card, I edited to code to see if it was mounting or not and it outputs not mounted !

blank(0,0,400,240);
FATFS fs;
if (pf_mount(&fs) != 0)
{
print_status("not mounted !", 1);
}
chdir("",1);
int i = 0;
draw_screen();
update_buttons();

I edited my code to output the return value of pf_mount and I'm getting 7-nofilesystem. The SD card is 2gb and formatted to FAT32. I managed to track down the exact error-in check_fs

check_fs ( /* 0:The FAT boot record, 1:Valid boot record but not an FAT, 2:Not a boot record, 3:Error */

returns 2-Not a boot record. Any ideas?

Nvm, got it ;)

http://i.imgur.com/58Hn1iF.jpg

I had the same problem with PetitFS using my 2Gb SD card, and looking in the code I found that it can't handle CHS, but only LBA. There are other limitations in PetitFS, but that occours on rare cases (not in a fresh formatted SD with proper sw).

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with PetitFS using my 2Gb SD card, and looking in the code I found that it can't handle CHS, but only LBA. There are other limitations in PetitFS, but that occours on rare cases (not in a fresh formatted SD with proper sw).

I was using Kane "homebrew stuff" FATFS libraries. The way it sets sdhc=0/1 is messed up so I had to force the sector_no *= 512 (when using nonsdhc) instead of after evaluating the if(!sdhc).

On another note, I've been trying to add sd loading to seagals gb emu, but when I add the necessary files from Kanes homebrew stuff there were many redifinition of functions/variables/datatypes. I managed to clear all the errors and only get 2 additional warnings when compiling, but I cant get past the disk init where it executes
// Reset
sdmmc_write16(0x100, 0x0402);
sdmmc_write16(0x100, 0x0000);
sdmmc_write16(0x104, 0x0000);
sdmmc_write16(0x108, 0x0001);

I'm pretty sure this is where I was erroring out in the last post.

LordValkyrie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm new to this forum, but I'm extremely interested in getting into the 3DS hacking aspect, seeing as how I wasn't able to contribute during the time the Wii was getting hacked (I was smaller and didn't know as much about computers, but now I think I've got enough experience and knowledge to learn about this particular aspect. Would you guys be kind enough to teach me? I'll help any way I can. Sorry that this post wasn't really a contribution of any sorts.

I'm just really interested in computers and this community and would love to be caught up with it.

Thanks!

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm new to this forum, but I'm extremely interested in getting into the 3DS hacking aspect, seeing as how I wasn't able to contribute during the time the Wii was getting hacked (I was smaller and didn't know as much about computers, but now I think I've got enough experience and knowledge to learn about this particular aspect. Would you guys be kind enough to teach me? I'll help any way I can. Sorry that this post wasn't really a contribution of any sorts.

I'm just really interested in computers and this community and would love to be caught up with it.

Thanks!
Learn C and ARM assembly.

Also a lot of things are documented on 3dbrew.org.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, someone know why the fatFS can't work with SVC 0x7B ?
Here work fine with other things, but when i try use it to load/read some part from 3DS memory freeze(to be exact at f_open).

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone, someone know why the fatFS can't work with SVC 0x7B ?
Here work fine with other things, but when i try use it to load/read some part from 3DS memory freeze(to be exact at f_open).
Most likely because of the irqs that are triggered but not sure.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Most likely because of the irqs that are triggered but not sure.
Yeah, i read something like on 3dbrew.

SVC7B Backdoor

This saves SVC-mode SP+LR on the user-mode stack, then sets the SVC-mode SP to the user-mode SP. This then calls the specified code in SVC-mode. Once the called code returns, this pops the saved SP+LR off the stack for restoring the SVC-mode SP, then returns from the svc7b handler. Note that this svc7b handler does not disable IRQs, if any IRQs/context-switches occur while the SVC-mode SP is set to the user-mode one here, the ARM11-kernel will crash(which hangs the whole ARM11-side system).

~~

The biggest problem now is the f_read, max bytes i can read is 0x400, after it the f_read function freeze with 3DS ¬¬

Tybus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... Anyone know what are ctrulib dependences from smealum?..: I dont know why... but I cant seem to make arm11u (Contained in ctrulib [Github[).

What i did :

Downloades Ctrulib
make libctru.
make arm11u

Already got devkitarm [arm-none-eabi-....] etc...

If anyone could help me out i would be glad...
Also tried to compile yeti3ds... Couldn't make it either.​
. I get this error when trying to build arm11u ""arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot open linker script file ccd00.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'arm11u.elf' failed""

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So... Anyone know what are ctrulib dependences from smealum?..: I dont know why... but I cant seem to make arm11u (Contained in ctrulib [Github[).​
What i did :​
Downloades Ctrulib​
make libctru.​
make arm11u​
Already got devkitarm [arm-none-eabi-....] etc...​
If anyone could help me out i would be glad...​
Also tried to compile yeti3ds... Couldn't make it either.​
. I get this error when trying to build arm11u ""arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot open linker script file ccd00.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'arm11u.elf' failed""
These are homebrew build packages that should work, "right out of the box".

arm9 3ds kernel mode homebrew (need 4.5 3ds only)
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/3ds_homebrew_nop90edition-zip.5961/

arm11 user mode ctrulib (need 4.5 and gateway card)
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/3dstemplate-zip.7863/

Reactions: st4rk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel