Homebrew Homebrew Development

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Greetings,

I'm quite new here and therefore feeling quite unsure. Probably I'm totally wrong here, but today I just hacked a tiny little tetris game in a few hours to get started with 3ds homebrew after months of experimenting with ds and wii homebrew.
It's just a little tetris game with a few glitches (but got tired of it as I want to make other things) and I wonder if it does worth it to throw it in?
At least I think its nothing special or noticeable but maybe it helps somebody in any way?

It has much room for improvements (bug fixes, optimized / gpu rendering, ...).

https://github.com/pmedia/3ds-tetris

[ 3dsx | smdh ]

clemull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
With the recent release of Ninjhax I thought it would be cool to write an app that would allow the 3DS to be used as a controller for PC. But I just recently started to learn C but with school I am not able to focus on this right now. I started something (doesn’t work)Just putting it out there for anyone who wants to help/continue .
Github: github.com/smithcleon/Kidel3ds/ (Willing to transfer ownership)
And I have not gotten Cubic Ninja as yet.
Ps. Don’t know how it would communicate with PC Existing software (padsend,etc) Custom written?
Sources of Info
github.com/smealum/ctrulib
https://github.com/xem/3DShomebrew

Reactions: Margen67

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm a C++ programmer so I thought I'd have a go of homebrew since I have a copy of Cubic Ninja. I can't get the examples to work. Sdmc makes the screens flash black briefly before returning to the menu, and mic produces just black screens. I can't get gpu to compile at all - seem to have the same problems as the last few pages of the thread, but I am having a lot of trouble following the instructions people have suggested and whether it was successfully fixed or not. Do the two previously mentioned examples do anything or are they supposed to do what I said? Is there an emulator so code can get debugged when I start writing my own/playing around with the examples? Thanks

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a C++ programmer so I thought I'd have a go of homebrew since I have a copy of Cubic Ninja. I can't get the examples to work. Sdmc makes the screens flash black briefly before returning to the menu, and mic produces just black screens. I can't get gpu to compile at all - seem to have the same problems as the last few pages of the thread, but I am having a lot of trouble following the instructions people have suggested and whether it was successfully fixed or not. Do the two previously mentioned examples do anything or are they supposed to do what I said? Is there an emulator so code can get debugged when I start writing my own/playing around with the examples? Thanks

Citra/3DMoo are two emulators, there was one other but I forget the name.

Seanshoots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How are you guys generating .bin files for images? Searching doesn't reveal much because the keyword (.bin) is too short. Is there a utility floating around somewhere or something?

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What format is the 30MB song file in the homebrew demo folder(in the starter kit) in?
I can't be sure as I can't listen to it on the 3ds (because I don't have []-ic :ninja:) but when "song.s16" is interpreted as signed, 16-bit PCM, little-endian, stereo audio at a 44.1KHz sample rate... the resultant sounds have quite a musical nature! ^_^
plqakVK.png

Reactions: xem

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i am a noob in homebrew
but , is it possible to hack the puzzle swap game ?
or use save game contain all pieces of the puzzles ?

intermet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Here is part of the code used in 3DS_Multi_Decryptor to open a file on sd :
Code:
.thumb
.global fileOpen
.type fileOpen STT_FUNC
fileOpen:
    push {r4, lr}
    ldr r4, =0x0805CF05
    blx r4
    pop {r4, pc}
.pool

where did the coder get the address "0x0805CF05" ?

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
Here is part of the code used in 3DS_Multi_Decryptor to open a file on sd :
Code:
.thumb
.global fileOpen
.type fileOpen STT_FUNC
fileOpen:
    push {r4, lr}
    ldr r4, =0x0805CF05
    blx r4
    pop {r4, pc}
.pool

where did the coder get the address "0x0805CF05" ?
Reverse engineering. Or copied someone who reverse-engineered it.

Reactions: st4rk

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody figured out how to add constants/opdescs to the vertex shader without the GPU locking up? I just can't get it to work.

Even examples/gpu breaks when I do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, :wacko: