Homebrew Homebrew compile errors

tibinago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, this is my first post on this forum.

I wanted to get into coding a little bit so I thought 3ds homebrew might be a good start. I have done some very basic Java in school but that's about it.

First, I downloaded the source code of 3DS controller 0.6.
Then, I watched a YouTube video on how to get setup with 3ds homebrew development.

To test if everything worked, I compiled hello-world from devkitPro and it worked.
Next i tried to compile the sourcecode of 3DS Controller but I got errors. I attached a screebshot with the errors.

I have no clue what went wrong. Might this be a library issue?

Thank you!
Oh and by the way. do you have any suggestions on how to learn C and/or C++?

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    100.3 KB · Views: 220

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The source is outdated and used an older version of ctrulib. You are going to have to update the source to reflect all the changes.

tibinago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The source is outdated and used an older version of ctrulib. You are going to have to update the source to reflect all the changes.

I guess thats not easy is it?

Can I just use an older version of that library? I mean the app does work on my 3ds.

tibinago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's pretty easy to update it. Otherwise, why not just use the released version if you are not going to modify the source?

Yeah I want to modify the code so I can use soft resets on emulator. Because start and select are used to exit the app I cant do that right now.

As I said I have pretty much no coding experience so I don't know how to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj