Homebrew Question Homebrew cloud saves?

upfromtheskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded regular Switch and a modded Switch Lite, and was wondering if there were any apps to sync game saves between the two? I know I can use check point and copy the save over manually, but if there were an app that backed up saves and uploaded them to Google Drive with one button click it would be amazing.

Last edited by upfromtheskies,

livinitwarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded regular Switch and a modded Switch Lite, and was wondering if there were any apps to sync game saves between the two? I know I can use check point and copy the save over manually, but if there were an app that backed up saves and uploaded them to Google Drive with one button click it would be amazing.

the guy above is correct, but you have to login every time to use it (currently). There's rumors up an update in alpha that stays logged in for this purpose

Reactions: upfromtheskies

CompSciOrBust

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
the guy above is correct, but you have to login every time to use it (currently). There's rumors up an update in alpha that stays logged in for this purpose
I hope so. It's pretty much the only reason I'm not using it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Can confirm the latest private build has auto-login (check my roles in the TX rocket chat if you want to confirm I'm actually a beta tester). Last I heard they can't release it yet because the head TX guy is on holliday. They're working on another cool feature but I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it, I don't think that will be available soon though because they need to host a backend server.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm the latest private build has auto-login (check my roles in the TX rocket chat if you want to confirm I'm actually a beta tester). Last I heard they can't release it yet because the head TX guy is on holliday. They're working on another cool feature but I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it, I don't think that will be available soon though because they need to host a backend server.

That's great news, and you've said enough to get an idea of what they're cooking up. At least the direction that feature will go.

CompSciOrBust

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
That's great news, and you've said enough to get an idea of what they're cooking up. At least the direction that feature will go.

I've asked them if I can post a video of it but haven't had a reply yet. I've been using it for ~1 month now and it's working pretty nicely. Was buggy at first but that has been ironed out. The first time you login it opens a browser and then it saves the login details to do it automatically the next time without opening the browser. As for the other feature they said that might not happen at all yet, they're just experimenting with it so they don't want anyone to talk about it in case someone else makes an alternative before them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    could you imagine using a usb had drive on a 3ds
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    And a special receptor to play xCloud games
    Gift
    And an ice maker for your drinks
    +1
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    and a mouth cup for sedating you before surgery
    Gift
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Ice maker, make me a Root Beer float! lol
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    Starts mario kart 7
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    if i ever get another Old3DS it's gonna be a different color than goddamn blue
    Gift
    3DS had a Super Mario Maker, why not an ice maker?
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i have owned 4 blue old3dses and one black new3ds
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    I got a spam call and the guy hanged up on me when he said he was in DC and I asked how the weather was :sad:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    also, i miss gridlauncher :sad:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    the regular 3ds homebrew menu sucks :angry:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    gridlauncher was much funner
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    I was just being his friend he said I could get 9,000 and I demanded 9 million :sad:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i liked the themey system, and i like how it had OPTIONS instead of a stupid wrench button that does absolutely nothing
    Gift
    The best salesman in the world is able to sell his product to the CEO of the company that spam
    calls him to sell their own product
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i may not be a good homebrew dev yet but i personally think gridlauncher was much much better than the shit, bog standard homebrew menu
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    it had way more personality, the standard homebrew menu feels like an 3ds applet, developed quickly and without any quirks
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    too bad luma just so happens to completely break gridlauncher , and the fact that it's not maintained anmore
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    hell, even the wii homebrew menu gives me heavy nostalgia, even if it's barely, if at all customiable, but the 3ds
    homebrew launcher is ass
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    rant over
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    thank god i backed up my nand after fixing my 3ds
    , it'd be a fucking chore to do ctrtransfer again
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    either way i should really clear out my microsd, i'm pretty sure the sheer amount of shit i have on it might be fuckin' with my 3ds
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    also i got a SATA Data cable from the tech dudes in the high school, so now i can gain 500 giggitys of extra storage space on my pc
    Gift
    AliceCE @ AliceCE: also i got a SATA Data cable from the tech dudes in the high school, so now i can gain 500...