HomeBrew cIOS help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by NewToThis123, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

HomeBrew cIOS help by NewToThis123 at 2:23 PM (1,928 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. NewToThis123
    OP

Newcomer NewToThis123 Newbie

United States
    Ok I’m new to this so please be nice as I have seen some snarkeyness to the newbies I have googled etc and I can’t find any cut and dry guides.

I have 3.3u and I have successfully installed the Homebrew Channel and have no issues downloading apps directly from the browser.

I put “backuplauncher0.3_gama” on my sd and ran the cIOS installer and revived error “1017”.

Have I missed a step? What do I need to do to get the loader running?

The more dumbed down the answers the better [​IMG]

2. be9ine

Newcomer be9ine Member

United States
    Where did you get your copy of Gamma? I try to only use packages from djtaz signature. djtaz is a gbatemp user who compiles packages of everything you need to get basic homebrew ability as well as backup loaders ont your Wii. Look up his name in a search and I'm sure you can find a post by him that contains a link in his sig that has all the files and instructions you need. If I were you, I would just start from the point where he explains how to install gamma. cIOS and all. Hope this helps.

3. vaelek

Newcomer vaelek Newbie

United States
    I was using EOC's guide and could not get the cIOS Fix wad to install, and the gamma loader because of that...

I switched to this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...t&p=1529161 and the cIOS Fix installed with no problems, and gamma loader... Dumping currently so idk if it did the trick or not yet.

4. vaelek

Newcomer vaelek Newbie

United States
    For anyone who is unable to continue past installing the cIOS Fix wad, the above guide WAS successful. I have dumped GH World Tour and GH3 and booted both with the softchip loader. The other ones are not working, but all hail softchip!