Homebrew Channel via EmuNAND problem.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by KytuzuEX, Feb 15, 2016.

1. KytuzuEX
    OP

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    I'm using Yellow8's Hbloaderv1.0.cia and it doesn't boot it just goes to my home menu like if nothing happened.

I'm saying it because when I hold L while turning on, It goes to Homebrew Channel via SysNAND and I want it via EmuNAND because there's a specific HB app that I'm trying to use... Eshop music changer

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Feb 15, 2016
  2. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    are u useing the cia's that make online mode work on old emuNAND's that makes it not work

3. Gocario

Gocario GBAFail'd

Sep 5, 2015
    France
    Bourg Palette
    Do you have a boot.3dsx at root of your SD card?

4. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    Of course.

It loads normally but via .cia EmuNAND .... no

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My EmuNAND is indeed updated in the latest version of 3DS.

Holding L while turning on, works but is for SysNAND (what I mean by that, it only shows the default titles when I choose target) and I want it for EmuNAND. (Where I can see all my apps and .cias.)

5. thatbooisaspy

thatbooisaspy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2015

Last edited by thatbooisaspy, Jun 3, 2017
  6. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    Yes, menuhax loading rxtools to go in EmuNAND.

my boot.3dsx is from this TUTORIAL maybe is a custom one.

7. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Sounds to me like you have Menuhax set to boot boot.3dsx and HBLauncher to boot boot.3dsx too... which causes the console to just relaunch emuNAND.
    Edit the Menuhax payload to something else like "book.3dsx", and copy boot.3dsx from Smealum's starter pack to your SD card root. That should fix the issue.

8. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    About that, I did that but this time loaded HB directly without holding anything instead of rxTools/EmuNAND Home Menu that required to NOT hold anything. (Trying to boot Home Menu, makes a loop going again into HB)

I erased the smealum "boot.3dsx" and I used the custom "boot.3dsx" (I have) again and this time it worked the .cia but it flashed "red & black"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

! LAAAL.PNG ! LAAAAL.PNG

This is what I have in My SD card.

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I also had this problem, which i sorted-out today. My HBL.cia was just rebooting menuhax again. The way to rectify it is in this post here.

10. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    This time, I got a full red bottom screen rather than flashing red.

11. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Remember to copy the hbl 3dsx file onto your SD card (again) and rename it "bhbl.3dsx" as per the tutorial. Now you've got 2 hbl launchers on your SD, one for menuhax and one for standalone homebrew launcher menu :)

KytuzuEX likes this.
  12. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Actually, even though I also mentionned that method here, I don't recommend doing that exactly. I'd say you should edit the menuhax payload instead of the HBL payload, because you'll never touch your menuhax payload (your sysNAND will always stay on 9.0-9.2) while your HBL payload will change sometimes (when updating emuNAND, you need to update the payload... and edit it again if you edited it).

13. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    I was going to say that "bhbl.3dsx" doesn't exist xDDD
    I forgot to make a copy of my boot.3dsx xD
    It got flashing red. (Last second update: I had to use smealum hb.3dsx to work)

I did it Thanks you two!

14. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Me personally, with menuhax set-up to auto-boot Gateway emunand, i had no choice but to use this method. Because no matter how i setup my config file, i couldn't get ctr boot manager to display the menu so i could choose HBL from there. I can only get it to work with the tutorial i quoted :)

KytuzuEX likes this.
  15. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    What I did exactly:

I had my custom "boot.3dsx" from here (Which was required to install my EmuNAND *I was a neewb* 5 days ago)
    L for HB (SysNAND mode), Nothing for Kernel/Menu/EmuNANDhax, and R for SysNAND

so I installed Yellow8's Hb Launcher loader v1.0 and the first time it flashed red. I hold Y for payload

Then I edited the payload to target "bhbl.3dsx" and it got full red bottom screen (Which my logic said: "That doesn't exist on my Sd Card XDDD")

Then I copied my custom "boot.3dsx" for rename it to "bhbl.3dsx" and it got flashing red again. (I was like: So what THEN!? XD)

Then I said, I'm going to use Smealum normal one.... and I renamed it to "bhbl.3dsx" and it worked XD (Which now I've two HB loaders, Smealum for the .cia and Holding L for HB (SysNAND mode))

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Feb 15, 2016