Homebrew homebrew channel version 1.0.1

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why isn't this homebrew channel supporting my 8gb micro sd card .when i was using a 2GB micro sd the homebrew channel showed all my files i had downloaded.could it be cause my 8gb is formatted as FAT32 because that is the only option i have when formatting it.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tested FAT32 does not work on the homebrew channel nothing i had download appears my 8GB is useless on the homebrew channel.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Wii doesn't support SDHC cards (SD cards over 4GB) hence why there's nothing appearing on your 8GB card.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new libogc had added SDHC support. I think it was anything past beta 9.

Yea, confirmation: http://hackmii.com/2008/10/the-homebrew-channel-beta9/

It should work, try formatting with the Panasonic Formatting Tool.

Or first of all make sure you have everything in the correct directories. Like make sure all the folders are in the apps folder, and that they each get their own folder, and the .dol file is names to boot.dol

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:

Or first of all make sure you have everything in the correct directories. Like make sure all the folders are in the apps folder, and that they each get their own folder, and the .dol file is names to boot.dol

everything is in the right folder i transferred it from my 2GB that had the option for me to format my sd card to FAT or FAT32.this program can't really help because i can't format my sd card to FAT or FAT16 using it.not to sure if FAT16 would work on the wii homebrew channel but it might.do you know another program i can download that can make my sd card format to a different kind of FAT other than FAT32.

but i will find out if this program can help me with my sd card problem tomorrow even though my sd card is still a FAT32.i just formatted it using the program but i don't want to open my wii right now.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:

alright the program did not work at all for me. maybe slaphappygamer is right about the classes of sd cards i see a number 4 on my 8GB so i guess that means its a class 4 sd card.so mine is not supported especially that it can only be formatted as FAT32.like i said if there is a different sd formatting program i would like to know it so i can format mine to FAT or FAT16.till than i could only use this sd card on my ds lite and i'm stuck using my 2GB on my wii.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the link AND the hat trick!
wink.gif

mandragore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everybody,

My homebrew channel is still beta 0.8. I'm using Backup Launcher gamma 0.3 and my Wii system is 3.3U. Everything works just fine.
My question is if you want to update to HomeBrew Channel 1.01, will backup launcher gamme 0.3 continue to function properly and run backuped games?
I don't have Internet access hooked to my Wii. how do you manually update the homebrew channel? is there any procedure available?
Thanks in advance to all repliers.
Regards

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
My question is if you want to update to HomeBrew Channel 1.01, will backup launcher gamme 0.3 will still continue to function properly and run backuped games?
yeah it will!
QUOTEI don't have Internet access hooked to my Wii. how do you manually update the homebrew channel? is there any procedure available?
just go get the new file from Homebrew Channel website
smile.gif

mandragore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx djdynamite123.
Wooo that was a quick answer.
I followed your instruction.
If you cannot or do not want toconnect your Wii to the Internet, simply run the boot.dol file using any homebrew booting method. For example, you can upload it using wiiload or you can make a directory inside /apps (for example, /apps/Update) and copy boot.dol there. Then, simply run it from the previous version of the channel.
Again. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning