Hacking Homebrew Channel v3

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys stop confusing the Homebrew Channel and the Homebrew Launcher! The link posted by the topic creator I have no idea what it is, but the news item on WiiNewz that was linked by somebody is for the Homebrew Launcher not Channel. One is an extra channel that may or not be hacked from the 10-min time limit, the other is simply an aesthetic way of being able to chose between different homebrew applications.

I personally run the Homebrew Launcher via the Homebrew Channel
biggrin.gif

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mad.gif
I´m not "confused" I´ve already been using different launchers through the channel.

I´m just checking if this version of the channel will run the geckoregionfree app.

The older versions won´t, and none of the launchers running over the channel will either.

mad.gif
please
mad.gif

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So, did any reliable source posted this homebrew channel V3 already ? Or even V2, I can't find it either, if it exists ... (homebrew channel, not launcher)

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
callmebob said:
mad.gif
I´m not "confused" I´ve already been using different launchers through the channel.
I didn't mean to point fingers! My post wasn't directed at you don't worry. As for your question, sorry I don't have any knowledge about the gecko.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No prob. I´m just frustrated.

DiNo29 has a point. I haven´t seen this anywhere else yet. Maybe it´s fake. If not, they should´ve added an info.

Anyway, the uninstaller works. Will leave this one alone, unless more info comes out.

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but the confusion is that the topic title is labeled as Homebrew Channel. I presume the OP simply made a mistake, but one can wonder why the link he posted isn't an elf like on WiiNewz...

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The download was in .wad format. I installed it as such, and I did indeed have have a new channel called "homebrew channel".

Only it wouldn´t launch any. (Okay, I only tried the region free)

I uninstalled it, and put the new launcher on my sd card. The region free app won´t work with it either.

Like the new interface, though. And there is an INI with it. Maybe messing with it might help. Tried one change, but it didn´t work. Anyone reading this know how the changes should look. Best I could figure is the only choice without the # sign is the one that will be used. (This applies to the video modes!)

Dakota76

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rommy667 said:
The version of the homebrew channel i have (older than this version) lets me install VC np i have a version with no time limit.

Could you help me on how you did this
and what ver of the homebrew channel you used
im stuck i got a non working disk drive in my wii
but i do have the homebrew chan installed before that happened

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto