Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
jinxvorheeze said:
I run the WAD version and upgraded just fine.
Just to be clear: You ran the WAD version of beta7, got offered the update to beta8 by the channel, accepted the update, let it download the update, and it actually updated?

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He may well have done, that doesn't in any way mean it is "safe" to do so and the HBC team *strongly* advises you it isn't worth the risk. For the sake of stopping people bricking their consoles we are telling you to STOP AND THINK ABOUT THIS. I'm telling you this is something that has been discussed to death and is a serious concern.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
the question is: is the HB channel installer using the same old apploader than any released WAD is using ? If the response is yes then there is absolutely no differences between them...

however, as far as I know: both HB channel and WAD manager channel need to be installed via the TP hack or via Trucha ISO

and once you have installed the HB channel, it can automatically be updated through the network, which WAD manager doesnt't
so I really don't see the point of a WAD version for HB channel, just borrow a Zelda copy like you did to install your WAD manager and you are done, don't take the risk using a WAD version that isn't supported by orignal coders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...