Hacking Homebrew channel doesn't load.

Kowze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had version 3.4u and wanted to downgrade. I followed a guide and after installing "Shop IOS51", the homebrew channel stays in the black loading screen. Any chance of fixing this.

mavie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm having the same problem as Kowze.

I followed the tutorial here. Had the 3.4u firmware and downgraded to 3.2u from those steps. The 2nd to last step "+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel." is what I think the issue is. My Wii froze after installing IOS51. I had to do a hard power off to get it to respond.

The Wii runs just fine. However, whenever I run the HBC, it gets stuck at a black loading screen. When this happens, my wiimote turns off and the Wii will only respond to a hard power off. I also have BootMii installed and going to the HBC through that also results in the same black screen. I don't believe my wiimote turns off though with BootMii.

I used bannerbomb to install the HBC - I've tried to reinstall it but it doesn't seem to do any good. I've also wiped the Wii entirely (using the Wipe/Format Memory option in the Wii Settings) but it still gives me the same black screen issue when I reinstall the HBC.

Does anyone have any ideas? What nabster92 said above seems to make sense. I think if I can remove IOS51, that may solve the issue and make the HBC work again. I would need to do it without relying on the HBC though. A friend suggested that I upgrade to 4.0 and do the downgrade again. I'm not sure if that would do much since the memory wipe/format didn't help.

cheezeburger69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mavie said:
I think I'm having the same problem as Kowze.

I followed the tutorial here. Had the 3.4u firmware and downgraded to 3.2u from those steps. The 2nd to last step "+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel." is what I think the issue is. My Wii froze after installing IOS51. I had to do a hard power off to get it to respond.

The Wii runs just fine. However, whenever I run the HBC, it gets stuck at a black loading screen. When this happens, my wiimote turns off and the Wii will only respond to a hard power off. I also have BootMii installed and going to the HBC through that also results in the same black screen. I don't believe my wiimote turns off though with BootMii.

I used bannerbomb to install the HBC - I've tried to reinstall it but it doesn't seem to do any good. I've also wiped the Wii entirely (using the Wipe/Format Memory option in the Wii Settings) but it still gives me the same black screen issue when I reinstall the HBC.

Does anyone have any ideas? What nabster92 said above seems to make sense. I think if I can remove IOS51, that may solve the issue and make the HBC work again. I would need to do it without relying on the HBC though. A friend suggested that I upgrade to 4.0 and do the downgrade again. I'm not sure if that would do much since the memory wipe/format didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problems, I've tried almost everything you have tried and still nothing. If ANYONE could help it would be soo much appreciated. Also my shop channel does the same thing as the home brew channel (black screen and unresponsive wii mote.). Please. Anyone. Thanks.
happy.gif

bst1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same problem, here's how I fixed it:

1. Uninstall Homebrew Channel through the Data Management thing in the Wii Menu

2. Reinstall the Homebrew Channel using whatever method is appropriate for your current firmware using the boot.dol located in this package.

3. You should now be able to get into HBC, but it will be an older version. When the HBC makes an internet connection, it will prompt you to update, don't do it yet or you will be back where you started.

4. (Optional- can be done here or at any point after this) Complete your firmware downgrade using that same tutorial, just don't do the IOS51 step again.

5. Install IOS61 using the folder found here. This is the new version of the Wii Shop and it will essentially overwrite the IOS51 that is causing the problem. Don't try to manually uninstall IOS51, you'll be asking for a brick. Just install IOS61. (Note: I let it install the new Wii shop when it asked and had no problems)

6. Now go back into your HBC and it when it prompts you to update to the newest version you should be safe to do so.

These steps worked for me in the exact same situation as described above.

Hope it helps.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Installing IOS61 isn't going to overwrite IOS51. All IOS versions coexist on the flash together. Load up AnyTitleDeleter and look...you'll see.

mavie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks bst1. Your instructions worked perfectly.

Did you also install the updated Wii Shop Channel from that file? I only installed IOS61 to be on the safe side.

anahmani

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@bst1 -
you are my freaking hero.

I have been working on this for 12 hours + I was ready to throw my wii off the roof. seriously.

I don't know how i screwed it up, I only wanted to play punch out
frown.gif

Long story short, i ended up following an outdated tutorial which led me to install IOS51 (shop) at the last minute which blacked out my HBC. I followed your instructions the first time on another board, but this time they worked (with the linked patches to softmod, etc..)

This might not make any sense, but now im finally at the stage where im going to upgrade my firmware to 4.0 after installing cios version 9 and Ios60 (patched). I hope im doing this right.. oh well..

=)

thanks again

b4kn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i experienced the same issues as the above users but was able to fix them using the above steps. however, i am now prompted to update my system when i try to play normal wii games. any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte