Hacking Homebrew Channel cannot install; Firmware 3.2U

Momotombo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a novice to a lot of this and I've been trying to install the newest homebrew channel so I can install the required programs for the backup loader. Problem is, though I seem to have the required firmware, the thing won't install. And I can't regress back to the old homebrew channel no matter what I try, it just tries to install the new one. I didn't even know I had the install files before.

Anyway, I have some screenshots of what's showing up on my Wii if it helps. Please help me fix this. Thanks.

TV2008111721334700.jpg

TV2008111721345700.jpg

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What you are looking for is Custom IOS Downgrader 1.1 I believe, and that is the only thing you need to downgrade versions. I think you do need wifi for it though.

Good luck finding it
smile.gif

Momotombo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, new problem. It stays on this screen, and doesn't move when I try to use the twilight hack. I'm trying to run the cIOS installer. All I did was put it in the root of the SD card, rename it to boot.elf (actually, it was already named), and ran the twilight hack. I can't run the homebrew channel without doing this, and I can't think of any other solutions. Please help. It's been there for about fifteen minutes, so obviously it's not gonna work.

TV2008111722564000.jpg

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Um. instead maybe you can load a WAD manager, then run Custom IOS downgrader to install 3.2 or that IOS21 if you found it or...?

name a WAD installer Boot.dol and but it in the root. Would work, no?

Momotombo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the thing is, the custom IOS downgrader is a dol file, so how would running the wad manager do any good?

Also, every time I try to run the wad manager, I just get a black screen saying "This channel can't be used." I have no idea why the hell it'd be saying that.

Momotombo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's exactly what I'm doing. I renamed it to boot.dol, put it in the root, and ran the twilight hack. And it's stuck at that screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1