Hacking Homebrew Channel Beta 9 SDHC support....

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Jacobeian said:
I successfully compiled it by reverting:

Makefile
gccore.h
system.c

to the previous revisions

I don't know what wiilaunch is, never heard of it but it doesnt sound "libogc-like" at all
wacko.gif
Care to upload the previous versions of them?

they are on CVS
But the Makefile hasn't been changed for 11 days. I don't think reverting that will do much.

JunkieXL69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
What is "class 6"? Should I avoid buying one that says that?
Unsure, best off searching, but there's obviously going to be reliable and unreliable SDHC cards out there, don't think anyone's tried any High Capacity cards yet????????

Searching as well here. Class 6 has to do with speed. SDHC class 6 is much faster than SDHC.

I've got my eye on a Patriot 16GB SDHC class 6 over at newegg for $40. Hopefully someone comes up with the answers we seek soon.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hopefully someone comes up with the answers we seek soon.
I know, no one has mentioned if they have tried any, i have 3 SD cards and there all 2gig
frown.gif
shame i wouldn't of minded seeing if they work
smile.gif

Could you imagine if Nintendo eventually let you play VC games from SD card, im pretty sure allot of you piracy boys n girls would be .... over the moon, you could have more of your n64s on there, wonder if they will alter the menu somehow so there is more pages, etc.
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Arm the Homeless said:
Jacobeian said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Jacobeian said:
I successfully compiled it by reverting:

Makefile
gccore.h
system.c

to the previous revisions

I don't know what wiilaunch is, never heard of it but it doesnt sound "libogc-like" at all
wacko.gif
Care to upload the previous versions of them?

they are on CVS
But the Makefile hasn't been changed for 11 days. I don't think reverting that will do much.

marcan's patches (which added this wiilaunch thing and some other thing) ARE from 11 days
trust me, reverting those files get you ride of these "no wiilaunch.h" errors and if you only want the SDHC patch, you don't need those

JunkieXL69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
skedone said:
no 64 and 128 gig sdhc are now out

Links to retailers?

I don't think these are actually out yet. SanDisk has a timetable of 2009 for 64GB & 2011 for 128GB

EDIT: nvm what I'm reading was for microSD

EDIT2: Wait...guys. Don't we need our stuff formatted FAT16? The only way you can keep the partition larger than 2GB is FAT32

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i have an 8gb sdhc card, anything special i have to do to get it to work? im on 3.2u still, got the latest update of hbc, and am using wasabi
Youre set to go, theres only ftppi 0.15 and the homebrew channel itself that supports SDHC, its a waiting game for developers to alter there apps now
smile.gif

But since you have it, pop it in and check to see if it shows your apps up
smile.gif
and report back hehe

Only 32gb SDHC are out at the moment, 64+ will be out soon, they're pretty expensive as well.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok results are in, sdhc indeed does work, but as predicted with only hbc, the wii menu doesnt support it, i cant see any files when accessing the data management, says card isnt supported(hopefully hackmii will work for this issue) but i was able to load the dol apps off homebrew with the apps in my sdhc card, so yet its only a firmware problem, that all homebrew should support sometime soon, so expect a whole lotta updates in the next upcommin days, even tho weve had crazy amount of updates lately

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
but i was able to load the dol apps off homebrew with the apps in my sdhc card

Do me a favour, try an emu like snes9x, see what error or anything you get when opening file from SDHC, because none of these emus have SDHC support yet, Tantric told me you should receive an error or something. have a look..

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gimme a link to download the file....also a link to download the dol version of wad manager, wad installer/uninstaller, and any other app anybody wants me to try

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
gimme a link to download the file....also a link to download the dol version of wad manager, wad installer/uninstaller, and any other app anybody wants me to try
Go on link to all apps etc....
Download the wad manager 1.21 in utilities and download snes9x in emulators
smile.gif

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no luck, snesx doesnt have sdhc support, it can only read from sd card, the program loads for me though from sdhc card but when i try to go into a loading game menu, it says no sd card found or whatever, tho if you had your games on usb or dvd, im sure it would work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1