Homebrew browser with flash?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CortalRage, Apr 1, 2010.

Apr 1, 2010
  1. CortalRage
    OP

Newcomer CortalRage GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there one? ive tried using the nintendo one on the dsi and it phails. i wanted to use it for pandora internet radio or any internet radio. any sugestions?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  3. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Sorry. There are no browsers that support flash. It's too powerful. Best you could do is play flvs from youtube with iplayer.

4. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Flash is actually closed source and Adobe don't want to release it for ARM-powered devices (read: anything that is handheld).
    They have been known to release versions of it for particular phones and so on, but only when paid several million dollars.

Basically, flash on the DS is not very likely.

However, as a solution to the OP's problem, you can listen to online radio that uses .m3u playlists in DS-Organize! Just find a nice online radio station and see if you can find their m3u playlist file.
    I listen to Idobi!

5. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    Sorry, no DS web browser that supports flash. But, maybe you can create a file (or request one) that converts flash into a file that supports the DS carts...
    Some attempted to make one, but I have no idea what were the results... [​IMG]