Homebrew apps on home screen

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MrFrodo18, Dec 6, 2016.

1. MrFrodo18
    OP

MrFrodo18 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    Is there a way to have homebrew apps on the home menu? I want to launch WUP installer (and other apps like loadiine, retroarch, etc) from my home menu without having to go into my homebrew channel first. Is there a way to package that as an installable file?

So basically, like a forwarder, similar to that on the Wii.

Sorry for this noob question. Thanks for being helpful!

Last edited by MrFrodo18, Dec 6, 2016
  2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
  3. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    with Haxchi, you can modify it so when you start it with pressing different buttons to invoke different launchers. So for instance, pressing A could launch CFW directly, etc. It's far from having a unique icon for each app, but it is a start. And probably won't be long from now until you can install home screen launchers.

4. MrFrodo18
    OP

MrFrodo18 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I've already got haxchi installed and the homebrew app on my home screen. Im just being a lazy American and want things within easier reach. Lol.
    But really, I'm so thankful for the work that all the developers have done.

lordelan likes this.
  5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    At least you're honest. :P
    I think as soon as a "full CFW" comes out there will be something like FBI and homebrews as CIA files so just wait patiently. ;)

6. plyscho

plyscho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    It's perfectly possible: Create custom Nintendo DS virtual console titles based on an exploitable game and inject Haxchi. Haxchi, in a way, works like the forwarders did on the old Wii (minus the bannerbrick risk).

The bad thing is, each of these Haxchi titles will register als Mii Maker in your daily stats.

Kappcy likes this.