Hacking Homebrew & 4.2U

lilroot9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. Everything was going great and then my brother updated my wii to 4.2u and it removed homebrew. I still have all the other channels, just not homebrew. I tried to install bannerbomb onto my wii and the first time I tried and clicked the SD card slot on the home of the wii, I got that click "yes" or "no" with the warning message and clicked "yes" Then my wii reset like and the blue light inside the disc drive kept blinking blue and I left it for like 15 minutes and nothing every happened. So I held the power button and it turned off, then I turned it back on and it loads to the home screen fine. Now everytime I click on the SD card in the homescreen with the files on the SD card it does not pop up that loader information and only displays 1 file in the SD card, and the picture of this file is a "?" thats it. When you click it and load it, it says it could not load it.
I cannot get past this now, and I am stuck. It still plays my original games, but I am unable to install the homebrew channel which is what I really want to do. Any sugestions? I have also tried the "indiana pwns" hack and the file I download and try to transfer the save game shows on the memory card as "???" and not the file name "indiana pwns" and I copy it anyway and it just says "The file may not have been copied" and it does not copy the file, therefore not working.

Any thoughts anyone?

lilroot9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast response! Do you think I need to uninstall all the other channels that were left on the wii after the update? Could that be stoping it at all? Thanks again. I will try this when i get home, and I will post my results!

lilroot9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope did not work. I re-formated my wii hard drive also and neither worked. Anyone have any idea how to get this homebrew onto my wii? I tried the Bannerbomb v.5 and v.6 with hackmii and nothing, trying the indiana pwns again now, but dont think it will work.

lilroot9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well I got one of the 200 files I download to work, like the pop-up automatically came up and I clicked ok and now my system is blank screen with the blue light (like when you insert a dvd or wii game) is blinking (around where the disc goes in) and wont do anything. Anyone experienced that?

RRoD420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever have bootmii installed? that blinking blue light coming from the disc tray is because bootmii can't find its files on the sd card. try copying the bootmii folder and boot the wii with it.

lilroot9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you say copy the bootmii folder, do you mean onto the SD card or the wii hard drive? Cause I dont know how to put it onto the wii if thats the case.

And the "boot the wii with it" does that mean click the sd card and "ok" and it should work?

Thanks in advance!!!

RRoD420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was a little vague (got ur msg) ;p. Find the Bootmii folder on the web or somewhere if you ever backed it up. It's a folder called 'Bootmii' and has 3 files in it. That's all you need, if you can put that folder on your SD card it will most likely start bootmii, from there you can re-install the system menu and everything else that's messed up. Start like this, format your SD card and get bannerbomb and the HackMii installer on there. So you should have a folder called 'private' and a boot.elf (or boot.dol) on the root of the SD card. Then do the whole SD card menu exploit and hit yes to load boot.elf. The hackmii installer will start and you can reinstall homebrew channel, dvdx and bootmii. Start with that.

*edit*

better yet, if your wii boots to the system menu just follow the softmod guide in this forum. When you do an official nintendo update, your wii becomes "VIRGIN" again. You can start from scratch.

lilroot9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I click on the "SD" card in the lower left at the home screen of the wii and a message pops up asking if I want to load.dol, I click "Yes". The wii seems to be re-setting and a black screen is up and the slot light is blinking blue. Can you help me figure out what I need to do? Thanks so much, I love the homebrew channel and the quick hacks to install it. Thanks, and please help!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning