Hacking Home screen freezing. Please assist

Politican

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gbatemp! So I attempted to spoof the e-shop last night of my new 3ds XL and ran into an issue. I've tried to hunt down a solution, but I can't find one. My 3ds will boot to the home menu, but I don't see the wifi icon. The system freezes when I attempt to run any apps on the home screen. This is the case even with the micro SD removed from the system. Any advice?? Thank you for any help!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey gbatemp! So I attempted to spoof the e-shop last night of my new 3ds XL and ran into an issue. I've tried to hunt down a solution, but I can't find one. My 3ds will boot to the home menu, but I don't see the wifi icon. The system freezes when I attempt to run any apps on the home screen. This is the case even with the micro SD removed from the system. Any advice?? Thank you for any help!!
First of all, try booting without the SD card in, it's possible you have some corrupted data on the SD that's making the 3DS lock up.
Then, please describe the steps you took or anything else you've changed on your 3DS recently. You didn't install or uninstall any system titles did you?

Politican

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, try booting without the SD card in, it's possible you have some corrupted data on the SD that's making the 3DS lock up.
Then, please describe the steps you took or anything else you've changed on your 3DS recently. You didn't install or uninstall any system titles did you?

thanks for getting back to me. I get the same response without the SD card. I had installed 4 CIA packages to spoof the e-shop access. The 3ds still worked for like an hour after this though and went through multiple reboots. Some of the buttons on the screen respond but do not boot anything.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thanks for getting back to me. I get the same response without the SD card. I had installed 4 CIA packages to spoof the e-shop access. The 3ds still worked for like an hour after this though and went through multiple reboots. Some of the buttons on the screen respond but do not boot anything.
Which 4 CIA packages are those? nver, cver, tiger/eShop and friends module?
Installing those on sysNAND is not recommended. NVer and CVer wouldn't cause any problems. Tiger would hang on the Nintendo 3DS screen due to a version check. I don't think updating the friends module would cause the issue you mentioned, but it might have unpredictable behavior when installed to sysNAND.
Part of the point of emuNAND is so that you don't mess up your sysNAND. It's really easy to mess up sysNAND by messing with system titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome