Hacking Home apps isos?

Mrmatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any homebrew isos floating around that work with the usb loader? im tryinging to make my parents wii as friendly as possible (they do not like tech but heard about how easy the wii was etc etc) so i was going to have preloader automatically load the gui usb loader (the 6 covers on screen one) and was wondering if this had been done? a music player like dragonmedia or general media play might be nice to add to the list of games etc on the there.
thanks for any info
smile.gif

I fail massivley... title is meant to be homebrew... no idea how i managed that...

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is likely a way to do that....... Creating homebrew disks is not really my area but It's possible to do. Anyone know a good tutorial on doing this?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well.. i dont think this can be done through the usb loader (correct me if im wrong), as it is meant to load wii games, not just any old iso... but here is my sudgestion...

set preloader to load Homebrew channel. then under homebrew channel you can have all your homebrew apps with nice title images etc etc, and the usb loader loaded off a cheapo sd card you can leave in your 'rents wii (2gig is like 12bucks @ wal-mart CA)

so when they power there wii up they get HBC, and can either choose between which ever homebrew apps they have installed on there sd, or the usb loader to load Wii games of hdd..

this is probably the best and easiest way to do what i think you are wanting to do.

Mrmatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Valgreen said:
well.. i dont think this can be done through the usb loader (correct me if im wrong), as it is meant to load wii games, not just any old iso... but here is my sudgestion...
but cant you run homebrew discs with a modchip (the hbc installer is an example)? i was wonding if a similar thing had been done with any other homebrew as surley the loader will see them as wii discs?

Valgreen said:
set preloader to load Homebrew channel. then under homebrew channel you can have all your homebrew apps with nice title images etc etc, and the usb loader loaded off a cheapo sd card you can leave in your 'rents wii (2gig is like 12bucks @ wal-mart CA)

so when they power there wii up they get HBC, and can either choose between which ever homebrew apps they have installed on there sd, or the usb loader to load Wii games of hdd..

this is probably the best and easiest way to do what i think you are wanting to do.

this was the second idea i was going to run with if i found no other solution it just seems a bit silly as the only homebrew i intend to have on there is the USB loader and a media player... i could stick on the HBB and let them loose but these are my parents how have managed to somehow "break" 3 laptops in 6 months (yes they returned 2... god knows how my dad probably just argued the shop people into submission...) and i think just point at the game and click to start would rely suit them alot better....

thanks for the ideas though
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome