Hombrew Wifi doesn't work on my DSLite

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by nutella, Sep 4, 2008.

Sep 4, 2008
  1. nutella
    OP

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    Wifi apps no longer work on my DSLite (GHOT Special Edition).

Wifi works on real games, my phat DS and even used to work on my new DS until two weeks ago but now, the only wifi app that works is Win2DS (and I think SVSIP, but not sure).

DS2Key (DSPad) just freezes, DSO's web browser doesn't open web pages, SAVsender refuses to connect to my AP and Beup Live doesn't load (I know about the SSL connect error, but my new DS gets stuck on "Authenticating" meaning I can't even input my e-mail, password etc.).

BTW, I'm using a CycloDS and have also tried on my R4 with no luck...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. nutella
    OP

Australia
    Hmm.. seems like nobody has answered...

Anyway, I just noticed that I get a red screen (Guru Mediatation Error) when running UsrCheatUp 1.5 but that also happens on my R4 too. I have no idea why.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i can tell you that all of the homebrew works fine on the r4 over wifi, i know because i own an r4 and actually just got off c|irc not more than 15 min ago. double check all of the settings (router, nds, nds wifi firmware settings).

this is user error somewhere. if 1 ds can get online but the other can't? it tells me the ds lite isn't set up correctly or the router is blocking that IP for that device (or mac filtering it).

-another world

4. nutella
    OP

Australia
    Actually, I transfered my wifi settings from my old ds to my new ds and it still doesn't work. UsrCheatUp now works but nothing else does.

I'm guessing that each homebrew needs to be compiled with the new wifi lib (I'm not really that good with all this homebrew stuff, so I'm probably wrong). Could it be that my DS is too "new". I've heard other cases of people who have the same problem with DSPad as I do.

5. Another World

Colombia
    could be that homebrew uses a the old wifi lib but even the 'newer' one is very VERY buggy. don't transfer settings, instead set the ssid public broadcast to on and let the nds automatically find your router and automatically set it up. that way you know the nds is correctly configured and you can debug on the router/pc side. also use a homebrew that is known to work like c|irc, or even the wifi update in stillaliveds. if everything checks out and its not working i would guess its the wifi wire inside the nds. i've read about it being incorrectly jammed into the case which causes it to have unexpected results.

if its under warrenty why not send it into nintendo? although in reality they will probably just let it automatically aquire the hotspot in the lab and mark it as working. if its not that old (say a month) return it and get a new one.

no matter what you do keep trying different apps/wifi settings/debugging. even try a free hotspot or a neighbors router.

goodluck.
    -another world

6. nutella
    OP

Australia
    Just tried StillAliveDS and I was able to connect easily but c|irc can't. I actually don't know how to check if my SSID broadcast is set to on or not but then again, my brother's DSLite and my old DS phat are able to connect just fine. I'm not too sure how to check is my SSID broacast is on or not. I will ask my dad.

Thanks a bunch for the help Another World...

7. Another World

Colombia
    c|irc probably works, but you might not know how to set up an irc connection? its basically a tiny irc client for your ds =) which is win win and very sweet. anyways you type the IP of your router into your web browser to get the soft interface (or software interface). enter the admin name and password if prompted. somewhere in the settings is a wifi section where the ssid can be set and turned on/off. i can't really help without being in front of your pc.

goodluck.

-aw