Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

I'm Abby, I've been gaming most of my life. I took a break after about the SuperNES, and didn't really get back into it again until about 10 years ago. Through all that time my first love was and still is pinball. I collect pinball machines and classic arcade games, my house is pretty much an arcade.

I play all kinds of games, right now I'm mostly bouncing between Zelda: Spirit Tracks and GTA Chinatown.

I'm messing around with what I am pretty sure is a counterfeit M3i Zero, the official firmware doesn't work at all. I have gotten it working, but it's a little buggy, and in french. :-) I have an offical one on the way, but I like a challenge. Sometime I think I enjoy fighting with the issues and making things work more than actually playing the games!

I'm hoping to find some of answers to some of the issues I'm having here, looks like I have a lot of reading to do! I'll try not to ask too many dumb questions! :-)

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi AbbyNormal, welcome. Think of asking dumb questions as taking initiative, because someone is going to ask them eventually anyway.

Seriously though, I'm confident you'll find the help you need here when it comes to your M3i, as well as other specialty devices.

AbbyNormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure I'll find what I need here.

I just switching from a DS lite to the DSi, so of course my old M3 doesn't work with it. And it looks like a lot has changed since I bought my first one! It looks like you can do so much more, it's pretty exciting. I think when I get the real card think may work better!

And right now I work graveyard, so I have a lot of time to read and play around. Speaking of, it's about time to go to work!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I demand pictures of your arcade house right now!

Welcome btw
rolleyes.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
OMG OMG OMG!!! A GAMER GIRL!!!

No, I'm just joking. Welcome, abby, and feel free to ask any questions, just be sure to use the search function first. And don't feed the trolls. have fun!

3DS

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
AbbyNormal said:
TwinRetro said:

Yeah, but I figure the fact that I'm old enough to be most of these kids mother might temper that a bit! :-)

that dosent sound good

and i was wondering do you pay $1 to play on the machines you own.

AbbyNormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3DS said:
AbbyNormal said:
TwinRetro said:

Yeah, but I figure the fact that I'm old enough to be most of these kids mother might temper that a bit! :-)

that dosent sound good

and i was wondering do you pay $1 to play on the machines you own.

I'm 38, not a grandmother or anything! But older than most folks on these sort of boards.

Right now all the games are free. I was thinking about switching them to tokens because I think it would be neat to have my own custom ones made up, and it would make a cool souvenir of a visit to my house.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Lol, kinda feel the same here. Im 35 so don't sweat it.

I bet you're not single either? You is a RARE commodity my girl, loving games AND having Pinballs and Arcade machines in your house? Nice!!

AbbyNormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
If you collect pinball machines then I assume you have the addams family? (the most popular one)

Not yet, but I may be getting one soon. I know a guy who has one that has some pretty severe fire damage, so I should be able to get it cheap.

I mostly buy broken machines and fix them up. It's more fun to me. And it makes it more affordable.

AbbyNormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:

I bet you're not single either? You is a RARE commodity my girl, loving games AND having Pinballs and Arcade machines in your house? Nice!!

Nice to know I'm not the only older person here. And no, I am not single. He's actually the one who got me collecting games, before I met him I thought it would be neat to have a pinball machine, now he has to restrain me from getting rid of the sofa to make room for more games!

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
AbbyNormal said:
bazamuffin said:

Nice to know I'm not the only older person here. And no, I am not single. He's actually the one who got me collecting games, before I met him I thought it would be neat to have a pinball machine, now he has to restrain me from getting rid of the sofa to make room for more games!

Hahaha, find that quite amusing that it appears your love of games/pinballs has kinda overtaken his!!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, those are so awesome o.o

I always hoped to come across even 1 of those arcade machine's for in my home. (seen one at some game store, but it's 950euro's, is that expensive for those machines? I'm not spending that amount of money on it tho) But you have a room full of it o.o

Awesome
biggrin.gif

AbbyNormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
Wow, those are so awesome o.o

I always hoped to come across even 1 of those arcade machine's for in my home. (seen one at some game store, but it's 950euro's, is that expensive for those machines? I'm not spending that amount of money on it tho) But you have a room full of it o.o

Awesome
biggrin.gif

I don't know what the market is like in Europe, but in the US the video games go pretty cheap. Pinball machines, from what I understand are expensive over there. But from what I read on the news groups there are collectors all over.

It really depends on the game, and the condition it's in. I buy a lot of mine at auctions, and often buy beat up or broken games. With the exception of a few games, most vids can be had for under $600 working.

Right now we are building a multicade as a gift for some friends. I bought an old "Blood Brothers" (working but with a bad monitor)at an auction for $37. Sold the boards on ebay for $10. Replaced the monitor with one from an old computer monitor I found in the trash.

So if you don't include all the labor (which is weeks of hard work) the whole think is going to end up costing under $200 for a custom mame machine with around 2000 games.

If it's something you really want to get into there are a lot of great websites and newsgroups that will help get you started. But I warn you, it's addictive.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I am lazy today
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Hey welcome to the Temp!
happy.gif

If you don't follow those rules up there, you will be facing up against The Angry Bear Cavalry
yay.gif

Enjoy your stay!
mthrnitesmiley.gif
If you're lazy, isn't what you did more work than just copy/pasting it without the quote and "I am lazy today"?

Anyway. welcome to the 'Temp.
Hope you love it here as much as I do.

You seem to be quite the cool person to know.
All those pinball machines....Awesome!

Do you have like a "pinball room" or just have them scattered 'round the house?

Also, do you have any game consoles besides your DS.

Enjoy your time here.
~iFish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday