Deleted-236924

OP
QUOTE said:
R4 is not pirating
yes it is
thats why its illegal
It is not pirating
Yes it is.
Pirating, by definition, is the act of downloading copyrighted content illegaly off anywhere
Its getting software for free illegally
Since when does R4 downloads roms for you?
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
do you know anything about r4?
and you do not need a R4 to be able to download roms
Apparently, I know more than you
are you maybe thinking about Ar?
Duh
That's what I was thinking
you know nothing
Oh my gosh
You are retarded
O RLY?
says so the person who ran out of arguments
Obviously you have never used one
RLY
I never used a R4 because R4 sucks
I dont own one
It doesn't even support microSDHC
but a couple of my friends do
Omg
SO WHAt
For the record, I use this: http://www.mygamingcard.net/19-61-large/su...tor-edition.jpg
You have no idea what it does
Yet you insist on thinking I have no idea what it does?
It certainly does not download roms for you automatically.
You're admitting it does though?
It does not
Oh my gosh
Then how does it run games that you download off its software for free?
There was this one flashcart that let you connect to Wi-Fi and download roms automatically to your microSD card, but it fell into oblivion
you are not supposed to download the roms
Yes you are
And you do not download the roms off the R4 firmware
Oh my gosh
Thats why the sale of it is illegal in japan
you know much less than I expected
You are quite clueless on the topic yourself
http://gbatemp.net/t94197-dump-your-own-ds-games
Inform yourself
no need for piracy
Slap slap
stop slapping yourself
Now if you'll excuse me, I have other stuff to do

Your thoughts?
He ragequit shortly after.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my god
rofl2.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It made me remember of this certain guy in the forums that was talking about an acekard 2i successor that will automatically download ROMs into the micro SD card...
laugh.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The internet should automatically detect when someone is too stupid to be on it, and cut their connection indefinitely.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
6Toushiro9 said:
Hahaha, it's not illegal if you play homebrew with it.
Depends which country you're in. In the U.K. and the Netherlands the courts have ruled that because flashcards bypass Nintendo's security software they are deliberately designed for playing pirated ROMs and therefore it is illegal to sell them in those countries. The solicitor for the flashcard manufacturers tried the homebrew defence but it failed miserably.

Source

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Buleste said:
6Toushiro9 said:
Depends which country you're in. In the U.K. and the Netherlands the courts have ruled that because flashcards bypass Nintendo's security software they are deliberately designed for playing pirated ROMs and therefore it is illegal to sell them in those countries. The solicitor for the flashcard manufacturers tried the homebrew defence but it failed miserably.

Source
It is only illegal to sell them not to own them...... isn't it?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Miss Panda said:
Buleste said:
6Toushiro9 said:

Source
It's highly unlikely that if you were stopped in the streets by a police officer and they examined your DS and found your card that a) they would know what your flashcard is and b) that they would do anything about it.

The only thing that might happen that would affect you is that when you buy one is that HMRC might realise what your package is going through customs and seize it. You would then be out the cost of a card and nothing more. However I've bought 3 flashcards since this all happened and have even sent a card out of the country and absolutely nothing happened. Just don't go importing in bulk.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Buleste said:
Miss Panda said:
Buleste said:
6Toushiro9 said:

Source
It's highly unlikely that if you were stopped in the streets by a police officer and they examined your DS and found your card that a) they would know what your flashcard is and b) that they would do anything about it.

The only thing that might happen that would affect you is that when you buy one is that HMRC might realise what your package is going through customs and seize it. You would then be out the cost of a card and nothing more. However I've bought 3 flashcards since this all happened and have even sent a card out of the country and absolutely nothing happened. Just don't go importing in bulk.
Thanks for that
smile.gif
Another reason to buy from within the EU. HMRC are less likely to bother with a small packet from here than from outside the EU. I don't buy in bulk. Just for me I have an original R4, an Edge and a DSTWO. Only the DSTWO was bought after this had happened.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Miss Panda said:
Thanks for that
smile.gif
Another reason to buy from within the EU. HMRC are less likely to bother with a small packet from here than from outside the EU. I don't buy in bulk. Just for me I have an original R4, an Edge and a DSTWO. Only the DSTWO was bought after this had happened.
That's why I tend to buy from xpertron. The prices are not the best but as they are based in Guernsey they can sell flashcards legally and HMRC never actually bother checking packages from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...