High Pitched Ring on ALL Wii Sounds

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by packerpride17, Jul 10, 2010.

1. packerpride17
    OP

packerpride17 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2009
    United States
    I switched to a New Wii, and with Priiloader, and Bootmii as an IOS. After installing the RawkSD patcher, I continued to install the Rock Band Wads to regain my old collection of DLC.

Everything worked great.

Today, when I used the Beatles Wad, I got a high pitch shrill to everything I hear. I tried the Priiloader hacks of blocking sounds to no avail. Really need help as it is unbearable...

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Is it only the Wii?

Tried it on another TV?

3. packerpride17
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2009
    United States
    Tried it on another TV with the same result, I noticed it after I rebooted after installing the Beatles Wad.

4. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I'm hearing that, just I haven't installed the Beatles Wad. The only actual Wad I've manually installed is the redirector for USB Loader GX. I don't remember when it started, and I haven't installed anything weird on my Wii.

5. Riicky

Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2009
    United States
    Reading,Pennsylvania
    If i remember correctly, this was an issue with older revisions of priiloader..again, I could be wrong

6. packerpride17
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2009
    United States
    I'll update it, but I believe I have the latest version. Even without Priiloader installed (did a backup which removed it) I still hear it.

7. maxtom

maxtom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    unplug it for 1 night (for 20 min worked for me)
    is a problem of the homebrew channel

8. SherlockHolmeboy

SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2009
    Somewhere.
    This always happens to me when I go into the Priiloader menu. Autobooting to the System Menu fixed this for me though. Have you set Priiloader to autoboot to the System Menu?

9. vexing

vexing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2009
    United States
    this happens to me sometimes too... i haven't tried to figure out a pattern to when it happens and when it doesn't, but generally a restart fixes it.
    i'm pretty sure i have latest priiloader, and it's set to autoboot system menu.

10. packerpride17
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2009
    United States
    Well I did a NAND Backup prior to installing the Wad and all is fine. Just won't be getting my Beatles DLC back it seems. I'll survive.