Hacking High Capacity Batteries

2stepsteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am thinking about switching from a DS lite to DSi mainly for the improved screen quality and WPA support. What annoys me about the DSi is the low capacity 840 mAh battery.

I have seen some on ebay stating they are 2000 mAh which sounds almost too good to be true as surely the size of the cells would increase beyond the DS casing.

Has anyone tried any high capacity DSi batteries?

Cheers

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no but i would like one. also, if you look at the fine print(that somesimes ebay dos not have) it usually says that the actual capacity is some smaller # like 1150 or 1200

Rising_Dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was disappointed with the answer I got a couple of months when I asked about the DSL battery. It's a double kicker on the DSi since it has a larger screen and smaller battery. I like the L because it is the longest lasting one so far.

In short, people just say to stick to whatever battery that is sold on the official nintendo site. I am too kind of annoyed by the WAP-less feature on the DSL but I'll live. Buying other batteries apparently are a huge YMMV.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
no but i would like one. also, if you look at the fine print(that somesimes ebay dos not have) it usually says that the actual capacity is some smaller # like 1150 or 1200

Even then its false advertising...think about it

Most "2000"mAH batteries are bullshitting you and are worse than the originals.

drag0nzord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really wouldnt worry about picking up a hi cap battery

i play my dsi throughout the day on medium backlight settings and the thing never dies on me. just because the lite has a longer battery life doesnt mean the DSI has a horrible one. meh try owning a freakin psp.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
drag0nzord said:
i really wouldnt worry about picking up a hi cap battery

i play my dsi throughout the day on medium backlight settings and the thing never dies on me. just because the lite has a longer battery life doesnt mean the DSI has a horrible one. meh try owning a freakin psp.
This. Just don't use a high brightness level unless really necessary and you're never short of battery
biggrin.gif

You're right about the PSP too, it has like 3 hours of battery life on lowest brightness settings, with volume off.

2stepsteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I made the switch to the DSi I picked up one and so far am loving the improvements over the DS Lite (LCD display quality!)

After spending the first couple of days with my DSi the battery life isn't as bad as I was expecting really, but it would be nice to have longer times for flights and long journeys.

I have been having a look around and from what I've seen so far I can't find a single person who has bought a higher capacity battery that reports it runs for longer than the standard DSi battery, most have a much less run time. Sizes I have come across are 1000mAh, 1680mAh and 2000mAh they all seem like cheap Chinese crud though but would love to hear of any other experiences.

I like the look of the Tekcase and wouldn't mind the added weight a review of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW9CIud2qk

Shame the Tekcase can't be had here in the UK may need to import it.. but still looking around for other options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: