HG/SS starters... cheating...?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by overlord00, Mar 30, 2010.

Mar 30, 2010
  1. overlord00
    OP

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    hey guys, here one for you...
    do you consider using something like pokesav to obtain all the original starters, at the start of the game to be cheating...
    yes or no, and why...

i havnt done this yet, but not sure if i should... i know it doesnt affect anything, but just trying not to "cheat"... but i want them :'(

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    ops
    i think i had just made a code for that purpose ~!

hides...

Yeah.. i just made a code and waiting to finalize it
    you can get all the 3 starters from professor [​IMG]

3. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    no, i dont. I should do that one of these days, especially since it makes it a hell lot easier to complete my pokedex with minimal interaction [​IMG]

4. SirCB85

Member SirCB85 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hmm, would I consider something a cheat what´s not intended by the gameplay and only possible by using third party software? noooo, definitely not [​IMG]

5. frnzy

Newcomer frnzy Member

Canada
    Well for both HeartGold and Platinum I used pokesav to give myself ultra balls, max restores and max revives. I did also use Pokesave to give myself all 3 starters. IMHO though this is cheating it is really minimal. All i did was have the pokemon I wanted from the start and never had to go to the pokemon centre to heal. I recently beat the 2nd final four in the original pokemon world on heartgold. In a strict sense it is cheating but I felt it was just making it a little bit more convienent for me.

Oh and I used Max ethers for PP.

6. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    I did it myself just copied my cyndaquil so the catch data would be the same then changed it's iv's , nature etc, so they won't level the same. The only other cheats I use are to give me more of those apricorn pokeballs, I'm too lazy to go by every tree every day (A)

7. sn0wfish

Member sn0wfish GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    by using the pokesav, its cheating. You can breeze through the game without cheating, but its your game [​IMG] play it however you want

8. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    I'm not really into the cheat/ar community at GBAtemp..
    So forgive me if I ask you something stupid, but could you give me that code?[​IMG]

9. overlord00
    OP

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    not that i want the AR code... or whatever you are using elixirdream, but pokesav would be easier to use me thinks... and i have on previous occasions...

and also
    incorrect... when i was playing red or gold or something, i played the game up until i got to the first pokecentre, traded the start, restarted, did the same, traded the starter, then restarted again for the last time, and traded those that i had from previous games so i had all the starters legit... however from differant trainer ID's... this is legit... this was before pokesav too.

10. s1811

Newcomer s1811 Member

Germany
    I tried some cheats but for me most of the fun was gone... I played pokemon from the beginning (nearly all of them) and i think its much more fun without cheats... Maybe cheating would be a good thing if you really dont have somebody to trade...