Trophies
Website
translategame.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
do any know a good hex editor for romhacking i'm having trouble finding one
closedeyes.gif

PS I know there more stuff for hacking but i need hex editor for now and if you want to post more program just post

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HxD is freeware and works decently, but it bugs me that I have to open the program, then open the file from inside the program. (Laziness) Hex Workshop is my favorite, but you have to use a trial. Until it runs out, it's great. I really dislike Hex Editor Neo, but I think the main thing that turns me off to it is how long it takes to start up. (Several seconds, whereas Hex Workshop opens instantly) If you're going to be working with custom tables (like text editing in ROM hacking), then you might want to try Translhextion.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
HxD is freeware and works decently, but it bugs me that I have to open the program, then open the file from inside the program. (Laziness)Drag and Drop works for me...

QUOTE(PeregrinFig @ Sep 14 2010, 07:22 PM) Hex Workshop is my favorite, but you have to use a trial. Until it runs out, it's great. I really dislike Hex Editor Neo, but I think the main thing that turns me off to it is how long it takes to start up. (Several seconds, whereas Hex Workshop opens instantly) If you're going to be working with custom tables (like text editing in ROM hacking), then you might want to try Translhextion.
I never liked Hex Workshop.
Always felt old, clunky and stiff to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: since you guys are so horny, who's up for smash or pass?