Hetake is a black screen (with backlight)

Justice4Waluigi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure if this is the right place for it but I've been struggling to find anything that could help me
Atmosphere has completely broken for me. Earlier today I was trying to make breeze work, I was having issues detecting the cheats, but decided to give up and try again later. I immediately started having issues with my switch. Booting into Hetake gave me a black screen, the options were still there but were completely transparent, I could still make my way into booting up the switch home menu so I did. I was able to launch my games as normal and play them with little issue, but if I but the switch into sleep mode it'd wake back up into another black screen. Pressing the power button a few more times fixed the issue though.
Later on I attempted to load into my hbmenu, both applet and normal modes boot right into breeze every time. Figuring that breeze was the issue I deleted the breeze folder in my switch folder. I then got an atmosphere error and was forced to restart. Upon restarting hetake boots into the same black screen with invisible buttons but if i try to make my way into the switch home menu it is also completely blank. I have tried both reinstalling atmosphere and breeze with zero luck, along with restoring a backup of my atmosphere folder I have on my pc. I feel so stupid, please help

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure if this is the right place for it but I've been struggling to find anything that could help me
Atmosphere has completely broken for me. Earlier today I was trying to make breeze work, I was having issues detecting the cheats, but decided to give up and try again later. I immediately started having issues with my switch. Booting into Hetake gave me a black screen, the options were still there but were completely transparent, I could still make my way into booting up the switch home menu so I did. I was able to launch my games as normal and play them with little issue, but if I but the switch into sleep mode it'd wake back up into another black screen. Pressing the power button a few more times fixed the issue though.
Later on I attempted to load into my hbmenu, both applet and normal modes boot right into breeze every time. Figuring that breeze was the issue I deleted the breeze folder in my switch folder. I then got an atmosphere error and was forced to restart. Upon restarting hetake boots into the same black screen with invisible buttons but if i try to make my way into the switch home menu it is also completely blank. I have tried both reinstalling atmosphere and breeze with zero luck, along with restoring a backup of my atmosphere folder I have on my pc. I feel so stupid, please help
Are you using fat32 or exfat? if/when you can boot into nyx, grab a screenshot of your sd info page and post it here.

Reinstalling hekate or Atmosphere doesn't touch any config (ini) files you are using, so if there is a misconfiguration, you need to fix that manually (such as title override). It will not change what you may have placed in atmosphere/contents, either. After making sure your sd card is actually ok, I'd delete the entire bootloader folder, atmosphere folder, and hbmenu.nro from the root of your sd card, then start from scratch with the latest versions of everything from thier gitgub release pages. No using AIO updaters and such.

My mind is blank at the moment about any possible .ini to auto-load a homebrew, other than title override, but that usually would require a button being held to override the title. If you placed breeze on the root of your card as hbmenu.nro, then that would launch breeze instead of hbmenu.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1