Homebrew Help

Wolfsbane1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help learning how to turn a homebrew app into a payload to load with Luma and A9LH (like Emunand9 and Decrypt9)

Thanks for any help or advice

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I need help learning how to turn a homebrew app into a payload to load with Luma and A9LH (like Emunand9 and Decrypt9)

Thanks for any help or advice
Generally you can't. The homebrew ecosystem that most homebrew relies on does not exist in ARM9 kernel mode. ARM9 homebrew is written specifically to work without it.

Wolfsbane1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally you can't. The homebrew ecosystem that most homebrew relies on does not exist in ARM9 kernel mode. ARM9 homebrew is written specifically to work without it.
So you are saying i can't make it so an app i create will load on boot (ex: start_myprogram.bin) in the Luma folder?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you are saying i can't make it so an app i create will load on boot (ex: start_myprogram.bin) in the Luma folder?

no he was saying you can't "turn a homebrew app into a payload".

I think your question is actually "how do I make ARM9 Homebrew to launch as a payload" ? Though I can't be sure, you left the initial questioning ambiguous

Wolfsbane1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no he was saying you can't "turn a homebrew app into a payload".

I think your question is actually "how do I make ARM9 Homebrew to launch as a payload" ? Though I can't be sure, you left the initial questioning ambiguous
Yes that is what i meant

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes that is what i meant
I don't think it's very well documented (as in, there's no page explaining exactly what you need to do to make a working "hello world" payload for example)
A9LH payloads are the same as Brahma payloads, so you can start by looking at some example code of Brahma payloads: https://github.com/patois/3DSProjects/tree/master/Brahma/examples
You could probably use one of those as a starting point for your own homebrew.
Though, I am not sure if there are any specific changes required to make Brahma payloads bootable from A9LH, or if they just work out of the box.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Wolfsbane1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's very well documented (as in, there's no page explaining exactly what you need to do to make a working "hello world" payload for example)
A9LH payloads are the same as Brahma payloads, so you can start by looking at some example code of Brahma payloads: https://github.com/patois/3DSProjects/tree/master/Brahma/examples
You could probably use one of those as a starting point for your own homebrew.
Though, I am not sure if there are any specific changes required to make Brahma payloads bootable from A9LH, or if they just work out of the box.
I'll start there. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.