Help :(

Discussion in 'Android' started by LightyKD, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Is there a app or APK patcher I can use to tell certain apps to find their SD data files somewhere else? I have a awkward situation on my tablet where it's reading a partition of my internal memory as the "SD Card and it's reading my actual physical external SD card as a folder within the "SD Card" partition of the internal storage.

...WOW that's a mouthful. But yeah, I could use some help with this one because I have plenty of space (technically) but the file structure is so mucked up that I have to switch around folders whenever I want to play certain games and it's not fun. [​IMG] Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    What's your tablet?

For example, on my Galaxy S II, I have internal storage which is the "sdcard" folder, and access to the physical microSD card is through the "external_sd" shortcut. Is it similar?

3. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    YES! And I need a way around that for my games. At least some way to point my games to the "external_sd" shortcut. I have a gig SD card that isnt properly being used :( BTW my tablet is the "Vimicro: Wopad V7+". Apparently it was modeled after the Galaxy Tab 7"

4. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    What sort of games are you taking about? are you talking about games that require downloading stuff on sd to play or just regular big sized games .

5. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    ALL Gameloft games require the "App on device + Files on SD" setup. That means Splinter Cell, Nova 1 & 2, Shadow Guardian, Modern Combat 1, 2 & 3 and many many others. Also EA and few other companies use this setup. Dead Space, Need for Speed and Sims. I have plenty of games but at the moment I have to shift folders around to play certain games. It's a pain.

6. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

So... Proto.... what's your solution around that issue on the "Galaxy S II"? I remember reading somewhere about a patcher for a phone with a similar situation but I'm just stumped. This issue is the only thing keeping me from fully enjoying my tablet.

7. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    Here you go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1129134 I think that's waht youwere talking about.

8. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Actually I was just looking at that but I cant get the patcher to run on my Windows 8 laptop. If I could send a few APK's to someone (private message obviously) for them to patch for and send back to me I would be very grateful!

9. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    I wanted to confirm that that was what you were referring to; I'm afraid I don't have a solution as I've never needed to look (I have plenty of internal memory). However if you do find an adequate fix then I can add it to my knowledge base.

10. gregor1997

gregor1997 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Try this app if it works on your device https://market.android.com/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp

11. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Thanks gregor. I have the app installed to my tablet but I need to figure out how to roo my tablet now (Gingerbreak did not work :( ) -also, if anyone would be willing to help me do some testing and grab the patcher The_Dragons_Master_F linked to earlier, I can provide a APK file and I would be very grateful.

12. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    Well derp, send it this way.

13. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Send what your way? The patcher and a APK file? If that's the case I'll make a rar and send it to you.

14. ThePowerOutage

ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

Mar 23, 2009
    Vallhallah
  15. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    just the apk, i already downloaded the patcher