Gaming . . . . .Help?

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I was thinking about getting a psp. I have a ds and AK and i am an expert about everything ds/ak related. but wen it comes to psp my knowledge is 0.

So Q1.) Wat type of psp should i get? iv heard pspGo is a ripoff but i dunno. Is psp 3000 newest? wat extra features does it have. So if i install a CFW on a psp3000 will i have too re-hack if i re-start? Wat about the psp 200 and un-hackable motherboards?

2.) Wer do u tink i should buy it?(reliable sites-deliver 2 ireland)

3.)Wat flascarts are there? which is best? best alternate firmwares? Also mabye ur all time favourite homebrew.

4.)All time favourite games.(must plays)

Anything important info a psp beginner needs that iv left out, please mention.

Thank you in advance ye rock

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well unfortunately if you'd read the stickies you'd know there are no flashcarts for the PSP, the PSP1000-2000 is the most hackable the 3000 is probably fairly hackable by now and yeah currently the PSP is in a rough patch, the PSP's best firmware maker has...disappeared from the seen so for the newer games we need to decrypt and patch them before we can play them (this is on what is in my opinian the best firmware out 5.00 m33-6) but the most "upto date" custom firmware is GEN D-2 I think.
as for buying a PSP and guides to hacking it you'll just have to search as I have no real recommendations to give you.

good luck and have fun

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whooosh said:
So Q1.) Wat type of psp should i get? iv heard pspGo is a ripoff but i dunno. Is psp 3000 newest? wat extra features does it have.
If you want to hack the PSP you get, then it's recommended to get a 1000 or a second-hand 2000 (the newer ones have unhackable motherboards), or get any PSP (including 3000) with a firmware of 5.03 or under.

3.)Wat flascarts are there? which is best?(alternate firmwares?) Also mabye ur all time favourite homebrew.
As it's the firmware of the PSP itself that gets hacked, there is no need for flashcarts, though you will want a Memory Stick. The newest CFWs (custom firmwares) out so far are 5.00 M33-6 and GEN-D2, as mentioned already.

To hack an older PSP regardless of firmware, you will need a pandora battery, which you can buy or make yourself, but if you're unsure then it's recommended to buy one.

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I waz extremely close too going out looking for a psp 3000. But then i read that with psp 3000 if you install a CFW onit and turn it off. You will then have re-hack it again. as far as i know dats a great deal of trouble.

So at the moment im thinking about 2000. I have heard that some 2000 come with un-hackable motherboards. Is this true? how can i tell w/o opening it up?

Also about memory cards for the psp will any mspd work?Like-
images

or only sony brand

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@deanxxczx: Oh come now. OP's just used to the way of doing things for the DS! I had the same idea at first, too. Geez.

Back on topic:
Same thing the people here told me. So far, the PSP 2000 is the most hackable one for now. I'm not sure about the whole re-hacking after restart thing... Someone once told me that there were just some things that you had to do again if the PSP's battery runs low.

So far, I can recommend a few good games, as far as I've seen.

-Patapon, Patapon 2
-Monster Hunter (Anyone in the series.)
-Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days

And if you don't mind a few remakes...

-Breath of Fire 3
-Star Ocean First Departure, Second Evolution
-Shin Megami Tensei Persona
-Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
-FFTactics: War of the Lions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp