Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Everytime I try to burn a game this is what I get:
imgburnerror.png

Happened so far with the last 3 games I've burnt, Punch out, Pikmin 2 and Klonoa which worked with Nero, but the others didn't.
Anyone know what I should do? This is really annoying >

omer_y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should try another media or burner
Tenase liknot diskim shel verbatim
or maybe your tzorev is mekulkal =]

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Both Nero and Imgburn won't work, I'm using Verbatim +\- R
the computer itself is quite new, about 5 months old, so it will be really weird if the burner is broken...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OmerMe said:
Both Nero and Imgburn won't work, I'm using Verbatim +\- R
the computer itself is quite new, about 5 months old, so it will be really weird if the burner is broken...

use DVD identifier link put your blank in click identify and then clipboard and past the log here what media id they are
smile.gif

most of us use DVD-R media with little or no problems ...some media are better than others some burners burn different media better than others
smile.gif

do you get any problems burning dvd disks in general ?

are your drives set to DMA mode check using this guide here for xp

check DMA mode for vista here

ALL ROM DRIVES and hard drives should be working in DMA mode (sometimes windows can glitch and revert them to PIO mode which is terrible for burning disks)

are you doing anything else with the computer at the same time as burning eg virus scanning or using it that may lag/slowdown/interfere with the burn process!?

Finally is your H: drive an internal hard drive or external usb type drive ?? Drives usually come formatted as FAT/FAT32 format they should really be using NTFS file format .... as this is a better more stable disk format to use with large image files
smile.gif

omer_y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the log... invalid address for write... im no pro but it sounds like a media/burner problem.
AND WHILE YOURE ALL READING THIS answer this : what game updates my usa wii 3.2 ios without updating to 3.4 so I can play new games? thanks.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omer_y said:
read the log... invalid address for write... im no pro but it sounds like a media/burner problem.
AND WHILE YOURE ALL READING THIS answer this : what game updates my usa wii 3.2 ios without updating to 3.4 so I can play new games? thanks.

look in the wii/hacking section and read what games need what ...basically you don't need a game if you follow the hacking guides you can manually update but ... read all the guides word for word and ask more questions there!
smile.gif

what media did it say you have what MEDIA ID was it ? who makes them etc?!

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Sorry for the double post but I think I found something,
everytime I try to open an ISO I get this message:
"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
and I only get this message from ISOs Ive downloaded from two torrent sites, in one of them I got banned and in the other one my friend which I invited got banned but I haven't.
So I guess it has nothing to do with the external hard-drive or the burner..

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try UNINSTALL IMGBURN and then reinstall it then try it again
smile.gif

IMGBURN uses the NERO burning engine have you messed with any of the Nero installation files lately !? example have you uninstalled or updated it recently!?

You may want to also try uninstall and reinstall NERO ...

I mentioned about the external drive as some external drives sometimes struggle to stream the Image file or disk file to the burner fast enough ...if you can move/copy the image file to your main hard drive try burning it from there and see what happens!

It should not make a difference where you got the file from so long as you completed the download properly and it unpacked/extracted fine with no errors
smile.gif

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Imgburn later on today.

I've installed Nero StartSmart when Imgburn wouldn't let me burn Klonoa.

Since it's only about a week old, I don't think I should reinstall it?

I get the same error with ISOs no metter where they are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel