Hacking Help with wii u cfw

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm about to get a wii u but first I would like to know if the following are possible to do on the wii u

-have a emunand on the wii u
- able to play downloaded wii u games from a usb or portable hard drive and play them online for example play Mario maker online levels

If those are possible what system firmware version should I get before I buy a random wii u? Is there anything else I need to know about wii u CFW and homebrew? My end goal is to be able to just play downloaded full wii u games off a usb or portable hard drive and be able to play them online with ppl if a game supports online and also use cheats on single player games maybe install themes on my wii u

Last edited by Lokote2134,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's rednand, but it's not really stable yet. From what I know, the only real benefit is DLC piracy. For which you'll have to get a 64GB sd for a 32GB console, and a 16(?)GB sd for an 8gb console. You'll also have a tiny chance of bricking with it, so have fun! I personally wouldn't recommend a rednand. At least not yet.

You can play downloaded Wii U games from a USB hard drive. Just make sure you get a Y cable to properly power the thing. Look into utikdownloadhelper. Just find a ticket file, drag it onto utikdownloadhelper, and wait a small loan of a million years.

Reactions: zeldaism

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
There's rednand, but it's not really stable yet. From what I know, the only real benefit is DLC piracy. For which you'll have to get a 64GB sd for a 32GB console, and a 16(?)GB sd for an 8gb console. You'll also have a tiny chance of bricking with it, so have fun! I personally wouldn't recommend a rednand. At least not yet.

You can play downloaded Wii U games from a USB hard drive. Just make sure you get a Y cable to properly power the thing. Look into utikdownloadhelper. Just find a ticket file, drag it onto utikdownloadhelper, and wait a small loan of a million years.
Incorrect, it's stable as it'll get in terms of dumper and redNAND stability. @Lokote2134 follow this guide and you'll end up with a redNAND http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-rednand-w-sigpatches.446818/

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect, it's stable as it'll get in terms of dumper and redNAND stability. @Lokote2134 follow this guide and you'll end up with a redNAND http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-rednand-w-sigpatches.446818/
Even the littlest chance of brick wouldn't be worth it if all he wants is to play games off a hard drive. Also, I heard that if rednand gets updated, sysnand bricks. Is that true? It seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth. Especially considering that you have to buy a huge sd card to dump the nand if you get a 32GB console.

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help also Nintendo has said that they will be stopping wii u production this Friday Nov 4 :c also if I want iosu what firmware should I be getting?

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to have a iosu down the road is there a firmware I should get on a wii u?

Current latest firmware is 5.5.1 which is conveniently the version with all of the active exploits including IOSU. Until a new firmware is released, any system will work the same, just upgrade to latest like normal and then put in blocking DNS servers to avoid going further if 5.5.2 or newer is released in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM