Trypa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, help me with this:

20090923103358.png

In number 1, what what should I use? Ca I use any wad file?

In 2, where can I find this file?

In 3, I use the Configurable USB Loader(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638). What should I put in these fields?

Thanks !

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) Google is your friend. Base WAD Database

2.) It's illegal to post key files here, so no direct links. Try this.

3.) It's probably asking what cIOS you're using to run games in the drop-down menu. You can answer that better than anyone here.
3b.) For the DOL file part, you want to link the.. well.. boot.dol file for the loader. It should be in the /apps folder on your SD under the loader's folder.

4.) And most importantly, be careful, as you can easily bannerbrick from creating "bad" wad files.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trypa said:
Thank you kiing!

In Title ID placeholder, what should I put?

The Title ID is a four digit code for the channel.. it's basically a URL for the channel. You want to use something very unique to what you're doing. If you use the same code another channel uses, it'll overwrite the pre-existing channel. HAXX for instance, is the Homebrew Channel, so its obviously dumb to use that. Try using one that resembles the game in question. Like.. KMPT (i.e.. KiiNG's Metroid Prime Trilogy) or something that resembles the process of the channel then you're less likely to run into problems since MOST channels follow those guidelines.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
1. frankly, don't use those base wads from wadder's site... they are vc/wiiware templates and they won't fit the purpose here... Either use a plain homebrew channel's wad or take a game channel with usb loader already created... they are here and there...
2. Already answered...
3. The rest of the input I guess is already filled when you make a choice in USB Loader Preset...

Trypa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
1. frankly, don't use those base wads from wadder's site... they are vc/wiiware templates and they won't fit the purpose here... Either use a plain homebrew channel's wad or take a game channel with usb loader already created... they are here and there...
2. Already answered...
3. The rest of the input I guess is already filled when you make a choice in USB Loader Preset...
But there are only 2 presets... I use configurable usb loader... Are there any preset for it?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Trypa said:
WiiCrazy said:
2. Already answered...
But there are only 2 presets... I use configurable usb loader... Are there any preset for it?

There is no relation between the loader you installed into your system and the loader this application uses...
what this app does is :

1. Extract the base wad (it provides the proper structure of the wad being built along with nand loader)
2. Replace the banner in the extracted wad with the one from the game disc you chose
3. Replace the dol in the extracted wad with the loader that comes with the program
4. Patch the loader so that it boots your chosen game
5. Pack the wad again changing it's title id

that's it...

Trypa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Trypa said:
WiiCrazy said:
2. Already answered...

There is no relation between the loader you installed into your system and the loader this application uses...
what this app does is :

1. Extract the base wad (it provides the proper structure of the wad being built along with nand loader)
2. Replace the banner in the extracted wad with the one from the game disc you chose
3. Replace the dol in the extracted wad with the loader that comes with the program
4. Patch the loader so that it boots your chosen game
5. Pack the wad again changing it's title id

that's it...

hummm

so the channel will not use my usb loader app?

In DL games , how can I force it to use hermes ios?

And in games that uses alternative.dol, how can I configure it?

Trypa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Wbfs manager's channel creation is now a bit old... it doesn't have alt-dol supporting loaders or a loader with ios selection...

for ios selection there is the Loadstructor and for complete alt-dol support you can use Crap http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151174
YOur channel creator gui is great!

Very simple to use...
tanks!!

Do you have plan to add ios selection support?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Trypa said:
WiiCrazy said:
Wbfs manager's channel creation is now a bit old... it doesn't have alt-dol supporting loaders or a loader with ios selection...

for ios selection there is the Loadstructor and for complete alt-dol support you can use Crap http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151174
YOur channel creator gui is great!

Very simple to use...
tanks!!

Do you have plan to add ios selection support?

Maybe in the next release, dunno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-