Help with vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by vbarros22, Aug 9, 2018.

1. vbarros22
    OP

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    USB GX Loader does not recognize my hard drive, so what do I have to do?
    Another issue would be with Nintendont. For him to recognize the Gamepad, only himself being injected, or do I have to inject game by game? Or can the USB Loader GX be injected and already do all this work alone? Well for me to get bad having to configure everything at once, and in the USB Loader I can have configuration per game.
    I hope someone can help me

2. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    1. USB GX Loader does not recognize my drive
      1. is it recognized by homebrew channel?
      2. is it usb powered and are you using a y-cable?
      3. how is it formatted? fat32, exfat, ntfs?
      4. are you using a different hdd than the wii u side?
      5. is a wii u hdd formatted drive connected at the same time.
      6. do other loaders see it?
    2. Nintendon't Gamepad support would want to be injected game by game on the wii u side of the system as mostly supports classic controller gaming https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/ has more details. not sure gamepad is usable at all if you launch nintendont from vwii side. I believe a different configuration can be made per game by either choosing different options in the injector gui or choosing a different path for the nintendont config on every injection you create.

Last edited by SonicMC, Aug 9, 2018
    vbarros22 likes this.
  3. vbarros22
    OP

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    1. yes
    2. Im using a y-cable
    3. Fat32
    4. no, since yesterday when I got the cable-y, I have a hdd formatted only for Wii U games (which worked perfectly), and one I wore on the Wii.
    5. no, when I go to vWii, I connect the Wii hdd. When I return to the Wii U Menu, I connect the Wii U hdd
    6. yes, despite few tests at the moment, Nintendont by The Homebrew Channel recognizes my Wii HDD completely, I tested the games and they worked good, problem is that in the USB Loader GX does not recognize HDD some connected.

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    siwtch the data cable to othe other back port, your usb loader has a specific port i dont remenber if wii was back lower and wiiu was top back one or reverse but just try it.

vbarros22 likes this.
  5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you talk about injected channel.
    WiiU WiiVC injected channel don't have USB Support, if you are launching the loader this way you can't have USB drives detected at all.

If you launch the loader from vWii mode, you need to change the IOS to 58 instead of 249 for newer drives :
    USBGX > settings > Loader's settings > Loader's IOS : 58

another solution is to connect the vWii HDD only when in vWii mode (don't connect it before booting the console, or when you are in WiiU mode). even better, connect it when you launch the loader and see the 20seconds countdown, it's the best for detection issue!

6. do other loaders see it?
    yes, despite few tests at the moment, Nintendont recognizes my Wii HDD completely,

I think the question was more for other USB Loaders, like Wiiflow?
    nintendont uses IOS58, not a cIOS, and that's why the hdd is detected correctly. Wiiflow, like many other homebrew, also uses IOS58 so it will work.
    That's also why I said to try IOS58 in the settings, instead of cIOS. it's not always working, but it's the first thing you should try.
    I'll release a new version of the loader which uses IOS58 by default, or init the drive a little differently to prevent this detection issue.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 10, 2018
    vbarros22 likes this.
  6. vbarros22
    OP

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    Thanks to all for your help. If I understand, the injected channel does not support HDD, but if I load the loader over vWii on The Homebrew Channel and configuring for IOS 58 would work properly, right?

Just to confirm what @SonicMC said, using GamePad in GameCube games (Wii too), is it possible to just inject per game, injected Nintendont itself or be able to be by some Loader too ??

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if you inject the iso inside the loader and make one loader per game you can install nintendont + iso on your wiiu nand or wiiu formated hdd, but usb fat32 only works on vwii, wii inject stuff only has acess to SD.

SonicMC and vbarros22 like this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Injected WiiVC can only access SD or WiiU HDD. not fat32 HDD.

if you want a loader with FAT32 USB, you need to go to vWii mode first.
    if you want to use the WiiU gamepad in a Wii game, you need to inject the ISO directly into a WiiU WiiVC channel, and install that channel on WiiU mode (internal, or WiiU HDD). that's the only USB you can use for injected games.
    If you want to use the WiiU gamepad in a gamecube games, you have two choices : inject the gamecube ISO, like for wii games, or inject a loader or its forwarder (nintendont forwarder, or USBLoaderGX forwarder), but remember: a loader (nintendont, Wiiflow, or USBLoaderGX) in a WiiU injected channel mode only has the SD card available, or internal vWii NAND. If you inject USBLoaderGX forwarder, It's useful to launch vWii NAND channels, or Gamecube games from a graphical internface with different settings per game. (I'll fix a bug this month to launch gamecube ISO on SD with a injected WiiVC usbloadergx). If you inject nintendont or its forwarder, or a gamecube iso, it's the same settings for all injects.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 11, 2018