Hacking help with updating

xxjanexx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have a r4 card and keep reading to update the flash card,however ive no idea which one i need when i 1st bought my card i had to load it with moonmemo,moomshl ,how ever im getting confused on where to find the updates and which 1 a friend said woods would be ok .....do i delete the old stuff before i update??ive noticed a few games will play but when i go back to them they either start at the begining or they only go so far and wont load the actual game!!! any help would be appreciated.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
http://filetrip.net/f23051-Wood-R4-v1-19.html

I'm not 100% sure how you install it, but I'm pretty sure you just drag and drop the files to the root of the micro SD card and replace the ones already there.

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have an original r4 Wood R4 will be the best firmware you'll have access to. The original R4 team stopped supproting their flashcart because of some issues they had, but YWG keeps develloping firmware to support R4. Just google Wood R4 1.19 and you should get the download link. If you want to keep your old firmware, there's a thread here on the forums to installing Wood R4 as an alternate OS.

xxjanexx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks i d/loaded the wood r4 and the r4 nds file i copied the rpg file and the dat file then copied the woods nds file but when i switch my d.s on all i get is menu ? on the top screen could someone tell me what im doing wrong please

xxjanexx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ive also made another boob!!! somehow ive got all my nds files as winrar!!! i think when clicked on the r4 nds file it came up windows cant open this file and somehow everything is winrar even my games ive already d/loaded,,,how do i put them back

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The root of your card means its main directory, the one you first see when you explore it. Now if you don't know what a directory is, it's back to computer basics 101 for you...

Your nds files are probably not winrar, as you say. More than likely, you're just confused because the icon displayed is not what you're expecting, or they are actually still in an archive. To make things easier for you, try to show the file extensions in windows. Then you'll know exactly what is what just by looking at the file extension (the 3 caracters after the .) In Windows XP, while viewing a directory, click:

Tools > Folder Options > View. Then remove the check mark on the option "Hide extensions for known file types". Apply, OK, OK. And you're done.

On other Windows, I'm sure it's very similar. Try to figure it out. Folder Options are also in the Control Panel.

About your main question, make sure you have a real R4 card first, before trying to install Wood on it. Remember a real R4 cannot use a SDHC card (anything bigger than 2GB).

Good luck!

xxjanexx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you but im still having probs with the file i done what you said and the file went back to normal but i had to change the file from nd5 to nds as soon as i done that it went back to winrar they have been extrcted ...ive also put the old drivers back on my card

xxjanexx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok managed to sort out files i did a system restore but had to uninstall zonealarm!!! but now im getting a error on ds saying please reset system ive taken battery out but still getting it,sorry to be a pain but could you tell me how to do this plz x

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you getting this "Please reset system" error with and without the R4 card inserted in the DS? If it's only with the R4 card, you just need to fix up your R4 SD card. Format it first (Panasonic SD formatter) and then install Wood or whatever is appropriate. If you get the error without the R4 card inserted, and you've already tried removing the battery to reset, this is more serious. Hardware failure?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-