help with troublesome media file extension?

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't know where else to post this, so I hope I can find help here.

What's happened basically is a friend of mine borrowed a phone [Samsung, apparently] to record an audio file for schoolwork [interview or whatever]. Now, he has the file with the extension .3ga.rem and he can't convert it into mp3. According to him, he's tried converting the file with and without the .rem extension at the end, to no avail.

So, I've taken the last hour or so online trying every little thing I can in Google and Youtube [etc]. So far, what I've come up with are the following:

1. Files with the .rem format are most likely from a Blackberry phone [device?]. It has something to do with encryption, according to them [I don't one one, so I can't vouch for the validity of this claim].
To this end, there are several fixes, but since I've confirmed with my friend that the phone wasn't a BB, this didn't help me much at all.
2. Normal .3ga can be converted to mp3 [changing it to .3gp and then converting it]. He's tried this, as I've mentioned earlier, and so far, nada.
3. Everything else is a bunch of shady-looking converter software.

So I'm stumped. I've provided all the relevant info I have above.

Help, please?

EDIT: It seems I've overlooked the 'mobile phones and media players' subforum. Gonna get this moved...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone